*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I'm planning to go tonight. Hope I don't find anything I can't live without.
big_smile.png

I am hoping someone is in the market for some very big exhibition quality Giant Buff Cochin hens, and a quad of Standard Golden laced cochins. Look us up out there it would be good to put a face to the name.

OH MJ...Think of how many bantams you could brood under a GIANT cochin lol

Quote:
Got it - so create a chicken community. That sounds like fun! I've read that you should build them up off the ground and some people say to build it on a concrete floor. You guys have thoughts on that?

How many chickens do you have or are going to have? And what type, that can make a difference on coop size. Will they free range or in a run?

We have 21 now 3 Ameraucanas, 3 Australorps, 2 Barred Rocks, 3 Sicilian Buttercups, 10 Rhode Island Reds- They'll be free range - we have 500 acres, but I plan to keep them near the house, most of the acreage has Angus on it.

Quote:
I am hoping someone is in the market for some very big exhibition quality Giant Buff Cochin hens, and a quad of Standard Golden laced cochins. Look us up out there it would be good to put a face to the name.

I hatched thirteen old english under one of these cochin hens, adn I believe she could have covered at least 6 more...

OK finally caught up on all the posts. You guys were busy.

Very little rain here, came in real fast and went away real fast. Just had a moment of worry hearing the Tornado sirens but realized it was noon. If it does end up raining this evening, I may end up coming to Blanchard...maybe...we will see, lord knows I have enough chicks and chickens now to keep me busy.

Welcome to all the newbies! I am fairly new myself and have learned so much from this fun group of okies. I will be going to POOPS this year, it sounds like a great time. Hope to meet you there.

Congratulations momma(think that was who) on the beautiful foal! and I also think Stormy is a great name. Did you say if it was a colt or a filly?

Need to go work in the flower garden but just cant get motivated.

Quote:

Are they doing an auction in Blanchard?
Where?

Quote:
I'm leaning towards a concrete floor with pine or cedar shavings or straw as bedding. They'll have a pretty good size run and be free range most of the day. Any preferences on feed? Is there a brand that's better than others? We've been using Purina's Medicated feed for the chicks.

Quote:
Make it bigger than you think it needs to be.. Then make two more.... We will help you fill all of them.

LOL - looking forward to it. So when I get new chicks, that I'm willing to sell/trade, should I post on here in case there are those out there looking for the type I have?

BTW - we're gonna have a huge crop from the garden this year - 8000 sq ft of planting area. I'm totally willing to share/trade when the time comes.

Quote:

Are they doing an auction in Blanchard?
Where?

they will be in Blanchard this evening, been for sale for a week and no serious buyer so now they get to leave anyway.
the Buffs are exhibition Quality, very broody and I know they can cover over 2 dozen eggs with no problems. I wont even tell what we paid for them but we expect to take a loss on the sale. Excellent Broodys and good to look at and a great disposition to boot. MJ has seen these birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom