*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Hi MJ
Sorry to hear about your loss. I have had the same things happen.
hugs.gif
Good news the eggs I gave you are definitely fertile. All the ones under my hen are developing and I had my first millie chick hatch but it is mostly white. Not sure what is up with that. Do they usually get their color in when they get their feathers in?

After the first I will save up eggs for you unless you would like me to give you chicks. I will have one hatching pretty much ever 3 or 4 days now for the next three weeks. I stuck all my millie eggs under my showgirl hen who has been just dying to brood. Gave her a nice nesting box (aka llama food container they broke the lid on), stuck eggs under her and she is happy as can be.

Really wish we hadn't eaten those 12 mille eggs for breakfast last Saturday! - I still have 21 of that roo's chicks already hatched and the oldest cockerel is starting to grow some hackle and saddle feathers that are vermillion with white tips like his dad.
Yes, alot of mille fleur cochin chicks are wheaton downed with a hint of orange. Some are chipmonk patterend and they all change ALOT. So far the mille fleur cochin breeders have been trying to keep track of the chick developement but it still is just about impossible to tell. Some of the chicks from my #2 roo and my mille hen with the most buff have more grey than is good but it is still too early to tell.
I am hatching the mottled girl's eggs she is laying now. She is with my 2nd roo that is from YonderOak like my hens. I still plan on giving the Mottled girl to you if you want her.
If you want we can swap chicks when they are about 2 mo. old or so. We can pick matches to try to get red hackled roos and hens with alot of chevrons.

Hello, Okies! I’m new to this website and new to owning chickens. Got 4 chicks 2 weeks ago and picked out by my sweet grandson. The little Bantams seem to be growing nicely inside my house in an old birdcage! My friend, City Clucks thinks I have at least one rooster already.
barnie.gif

Imagine my surprise when I was driving through a Bixby neighborhood and saw chickens in a pen inside someone’s garage. I’m looking forward to this new venture.
ya.gif

Quote:
First off
welcome-byc.gif
we are glad you could join us................... next...... Sooooo you know Beth then ??

AL

Hi everyone!

So far the weather has passed us by, not sure we will continue to be so lucky!

How is everyone tonight?

Mj, sorry about your roo & babies!
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom