*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Cold and wet here too!

Beautiful flowers Wayne and Graces Dad help to make our cold wet areas more bright and cheerful. Thank you for sharing. Wayne, particularly like the wine and yellow iris...stunning.

Welcome to LD the newby

Robin, hope Poser is safely nestled down on the island...or in those woods.

Paid $3.999 per gallon of gas to fill the truck when we went to town earlier...Will it ever come down!?!

Quote:
I just got off the phone with a gentleman in Muskogee that says he will sell me the chicks for $1.50 and deliver them, if I can buy them on Tuesday. He is coming through Roland on that day. Even though there is a chance that I will get too many roosters, I think that is the way I will go.

Hey, you are just across the river from me. Is it still raining?
cool.png

Quote:
Cold and wet here too!

Ok I said I wouldn't complain about the rain but this cold has got to go!

Quote:
Never. We love pics.

Beautiful pictures! What kind of camera do you have?

I use an Olympus Evolt E-510. I have an old Minolta film X-7000 but when I switched to DSLR I liked the Olympus feel.

30285_spinning_office_chair.gif

Quote:
I thought of that as well, al6517, but there seem to be no Black Australorp breeders on BYC. I found one in Oklahoma, but his profile said he was banned. Also, as much as I would like to have chicks from a breeder, they may very well be out of my price range.

A guy i no in Minco OK has some of the nice's iv seen David Anthony ...

Quote:
you will pay at least $2 a chick from a hatchery, as day olds, and you cant know the sex on them at a day old. 1-2 week old chicks for $2 I would think is a good deal....

I just contacted the gentleman who has the hatchery in Muskogee and he says he will sell me chicks for $1.50, but there is no way of sexing them. If I understand you correctly, there is no way of telling for sure the sex of the chick, even coming from a hatchery such as Cackle, so I would still be taking a chance? So would I be better off just buying the chicks locally, since they are cheaper and the only freight I would have would be my gas money to go pick them up?

So for all the questions, I am just turning all of this over in my head, trying to figure out what is best.

There is a hatchery in Wewoka that sells BA chicks they are pullets i got some earlier this year and they were all pullets like they said i can get the number if you want to call and see if he is still hatching any... so far they look pretty good but they are only about 3 months old

michael daugherty I spoke with you on the phone yesterday about oreintal games. I am also looking for more standard size Modern Games if you come across some.

Quote:
Cold and wet here too!

Ok I said I wouldn't complain about the rain but this cold has got to go!

yep...we don't have any dry wood to burn
barnie.gif
guess we'll have to break out the space heater...

says its gonna be 38 tomorow nite??? ok, so i have some chicks i just moved to the coop- what is too cold for month olds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom