*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
This clematis was a walmart half price/hafe dead three years ago! The west side which gets the afternoon sun has the most blooms,its just a solid mass.
19588_flowers_003.jpg

I didn't think it was going to survive the first year but it finally took hold.

Quote:
Sorry to hear I'm not the only one whose hens quit laying..it's been three weeks. The new Wyandottes started laying this week and one of my BA/RS has begun laying. Will try Muesky's trick. Any one have luck with cayenne pepper? ...that's what my MIL suggested.

I dont believe it is the protein, I have them on 20% layer pellets and they are getting a scratch mixture everyday that consists of 1/3 black sunflower seeds....
I believe it is the food I have been feeding...egg laying stopped around the same time I started feeding Big V layer pellets, gonna switch back to nutrena and see what happens...

Matt my game hens also stopped laying when i switched to the big v 20% after talking to you about it.. havent got an egg in 2 weeks.. i thought it might just be the feed change but now im wondering since yours have stopped to . i feed the scratch mixture you told me about too so maybe it is the feed ... let me know how it goes after you switch back to 16%

Just hatched 11 chicks at Jack's - 9 are mille fleur cochins out of my rooster that just died. My roo was a busy guy - 46 chicks so far (lost 18 due to some stupid mistakes made by me). I wasn't going to set any more after the chicks that hatched today, even ate a dozen a week ago Saturday. But then my roo died. Yesterday I put 23 of his hens eggs in Jack's incubator and the girls layed 3 more eggs today. If the good hatch rate continues I'm going to have a crazy number of chicks to grow out just to get another good roo.

Last edited:
Quote:
I dont believe it is the protein, I have them on 20% layer pellets and they are getting a scratch mixture everyday that consists of 1/3 black sunflower seeds....
I believe it is the food I have been feeding...egg laying stopped around the same time I started feeding Big V layer pellets, gonna switch back to nutrena and see what happens...

Matt my game hens also stopped laying when i switched to the big v 20% after talking to you about it.. havent got an egg in 2 weeks.. i thought it might just be the feed change but now im wondering since yours have stopped to . i feed the scratch mixture you told me about too so maybe it is the feed ... let me know how it goes after you switch back to 16%

ya, after talkin to some friends that have had similiar results, I believe it is a combination of the big v and the weather...switching to nutrena pretty dang quick...the scratch mixture is fine, I have fed it for quite a while...

Quote:
a little wet down there, is it?

Yeah just a little!!
lol.png
Everything here is swimming.

we live on a hill, and 7/8 of our rain was HARD rain so it didnt do a lot of good but we got a nice 3 hour shower the other day that helped some...

Quote:
Yes that is who is coming, Buckguy should see your post & add you guys!

I got you on the list in my sig as well, Ashley - looking forward to meeting you and your crew!

Grace'sDad: I added you and Grace to the list in my sig, too - I believe that may be where Monty is getting info and adding to it as needed.

Old*Cowboy: is Guy your name or just a general description?
tongue.png
I'll have a nametag for you next Saturday.

I'm back in TX with my dying stepDad. His oldest son Mike made it to his bedside tonight, and Tom smiled when he heard his voice - I believe Tom has been waiting for him to arrive.

Quote:
Yes that is who is coming, Buckguy should see your post & add you guys!

I got you on the list in my sig as well, Ashley - looking forward to meeting you and your crew!

Grace'sDad: I added you and Grace to the list in my sig, too - I believe that may be where Monty is getting info and adding to it as needed.

Old*Cowboy: is Guy your name or just a general description?
tongue.png
I'll have a nametag for you next Saturday.

I'm back in TX with my dying stepDad. His oldest son Mike made it to his bedside tonight, and Tom smiled when he heard his voice - I believe Tom has been waiting for him to arrive.

Old*Cowboy's name is Guy...sorry about your stepdad, hope it is painless
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom