*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to raise mules doc and rode them working cattle in the feed yards until mid 90's when horse flipped over on me and broke my back. Sure do miss them mules. Had a real nice mammoth jack and had several nice quarter horse mares. I had mules at one time that would work cattle as good as a lot of the guys ghorses would.

We are good wayne just hot and dry here went fishin today before the lake gets too low they say its losing near 1/2 inch a day its already about 12 foot low. It's gonna be a rough year for ranchers and farmers in these parts we have been on water restriction for years and we don't live in town. The local fire dept. is hauling water in to people who's wells are dry. Kinda weird but they say our aquifer is recharged in northwestern oklahoma so we hope for rain there too.

News reports roads closed in Arkansas due to flooding...both directions on I-40 between Memphis and Little Rock. My daughter and her husband were to drive back from Clarksville Tenn to OKC on Friday...11 hour drive will be somewhat longer now....Have to take a dryer route.

Okla-doodle-doo...hope your family makes the trip safely.

old*cowboy :

I used to raise mules doc and rode them working cattle in the feed yards until mid 90's when horse flipped over on me and broke my back. Sure do miss them mules. Had a real nice mammoth jack and had several nice quarter horse mares. I had mules at one time that would work cattle as good as a lot of the guys ghorses would.

We have a warmblood too she is out of the same belgian mare but bred with 2 eyed jack quarter horse, she is standing next to the mule in my avatar. She is a smooth ride she looks like the biggest quarter horse you have ever seen, our trainer took her to a cutting horse practice just for fun and those cowboys were just about pointing and laughing when he unloaded that big ol horse. Boy were they surprised when she could work cows and move like a quarter horse. I gotta have a big horse or mule I'm over 6 1/2 feet tall they just look normal under me.​

NanaKat,
I sent an email to the beekeeper I get honey from, since he usually has Russian queens about now. Tomorrow, I will check on the new and old bee yards again, to see what the status is. I want to requeen at least one hive anyway. It started as a captured swarm last spring and did well through the Fall, but didn't come out this spring as strong as I would have liked. Since Russian bees tend to winter over in smaller clusters and get a later, but strong start in Spring, I have been watching it to see what it would do. I am on his list to purchase 2 full hives of bees later this month, when they return from the Almond fields, so if I have lost some bees, I will be starting over - again.

my dad always swore by two eyed jack adn blondys dude workin stock...I have had good luck with the poco blood myself...had a grandson of poco lena and docbar bred mare when I was still in school...

Doc I was wondering if you all had gotten any relief yet,sounds like not! Hate to to hear about drought years,sure is hard on the country people.before long you will just have to take a net fishing instead of a pole! Are you still hatching stuff out?

Got game I lost my doc bar gelding 2 years ago he was an amazing horse never let me down died of a heart attack at age 24 he could still cut a hole in the wind with me on him until the day he passed.
Wayne you know my sportsman stays full and never gets turned off, we are hatching lots of standard frizzles and naked necks,EEs, aracaunas, and some bantam moderns hopefully, geese, and of course some mutts.

Quote:
Never got in to campines and we sold all of our polish stock they were just too wild for us acted like they had never seen you every day even though we hatched and raised them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom