*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc, all I have left is a 12 year old poco/big step gelding I trained that is a very nice little cowpony, a little small but ALL heart, super athletic, changes leads smooth as silk, trailed natural, but he pulled a muscle in his hip when he was around 9 and never was the same, would always come down lame after a hard days work....

Quote:
frow.gif
Glad to see you posting. So sorry about your dog. I know that she was special to you. I recall how excited you were last year (???) when she had pups.

That was her daughter who had puppies last year, Emma, also deceased. She fell asleep one day during the winter and didnt wake up. Wasnt sick or anything, no clue would could of happened. Hermione did have puppies several months back, and i didnt keep any of them, but they all went to great homes. One I see occasionaly when my daughters friend brings her over. Hows your beehives and birds doing?

he was great on calves but just wasnt quite big enough for headin n heelin...was greased lightenin out of the chute though, if you coudl get make that first swing count he would net you an awesome time....

Hope your bring some young birds or chicks to poops Doc! Are you going to have any pigeons to bring?i'm bringing some flying rollers for Lynn and may have some extras.

Quote:
you could dally down to anything with him, and he would move it...probably 14.1, weighed around 1000, but he would squat, dig in and you would hear that old bullhide covered oak tree start poppin, I hooked up to an old bull that didnt want to come in, drug him a bellerin and fightin...good thing that horse was so naturally cowy and smart, otherwise I would have gotten us both hurt that time....I was workin some rough river stock that had gotten loose, got tied into an old cow with some nasty horns, I flipped that old sow and was about halfway there and she was up and at me, and I mean she was MAD....she was about 10 feet away when that gelding flipped her again, on his own...love that horse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom