Old bedding/poop?

Jadecinadr96

Songster
Mar 25, 2019
Wisconsin
what do people do with dirty/poop filled bedding? We clean out the coop 2 times a day (certain areas where it is messy or water covered) and I need a better game plan on what to do with the bedding when we want to throw it away???

Ditto @PirateGirl.

Coop...gets the poop..

Then to the run where it gets the rain, more poop, and turned over by the chickens.

Then I toss it around some times...mostly loosen large chunk so, then turn over and pile up for the girls scratch thru and level back out.

Then we remove some to compost bin.

We use mostly wood shavings in the coop.

Mine goes directly from the coop into a compost bin.
Once a year that compost bin gets put into my garden.
If you don't compost put an ad on Craigslist and somebody will buy it from you or at least come and load it up for free and haul it all for their garden.
I would never throw it in the trash ever!
Met a guy last year that owns an egg farm and raffles off the right for people to clean his chicken coops. He pays them by giving them half of what comes out of his coops.
he says he has a never-ending list of egg customers wanting to do this and because of it never has to clean his own coops.
My run has wood chips I make myself by borrowing my dad's wood chipper and chipping brush from around my property.

Back
Top Bottom