Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

Here are my 5 week old babies. The first one we are hoping is a girlyThe next one I am sure is a boy due to the comb, wattles etcHere's another And her ethey are with their prouod mama who is a bantam so they are rapidly closing in on her size(they are not really her chicks, she just did all the work!)

[/IMG][/IMG]
Here are a few of the chicks that I hatched between three broody moms: so far ten have hatched: seven brown and three black! So cute: Venus, Uranus, Jupiter, Moon, Asteroid, Meteor, Nebula, Eclipse, Star, and solar have hatched!

Ok day 24 and I think iv given up hope. Iv tried candeling again but im really bad at telling with that, iv tapped the eggs to see if I can hear anything but cant and there are no signes of pipping or anything. I feel very bad for Rosie as she is still sitting on them.
Could I have done something wrong?
What do I do now?
Take them away from her? Give her different eggs (I only have duck eggs)
Or give it a bit longer.

This is my first time hatching any eggs and I used a broody hen. Here is what I found when I got home Wed night at around 8 p.m. on day 19.

Here's the 1st of 5 chicks to hatch.

Here is mama broody with her 5 healthy babies. She's being a really good mama.The chicks are 3 days old.

Hi there we were having a really good hatch 6 had hatched 2 was hatchibg and 3 yet to start, this morning 1 little chick was outside the nest dead and one had died halfway out of the shell
1f615.png
the 3 eggs haven't started yet and it's day 23 for them? I'm not sure what to do now because I have two broodies ones eggs have all hatched so she's keen to get out of the small coop they're in?? Will the other hen keep sitting on the other eggs?? Or has the hatching finished? thanks

Back
Top Bottom