Old Fashioned Broody Hen Hatch A Long and Informational Thread

Quote:
LOL, she must really not mind much if she has already been sitting there, your such a good daddy chicken. did you watch the PBS nature program called "My Life as a Turkey" it was awesome try to watch if you get a chance.

I tell all my boys I'm head rooster around here....lol. No I haven't watched it yet, but I do plan too.

I have been working on trying to convince my Duckling/Drake Opie that I am head drake around here, he is having a problem believing it. Makes me sad that he doesn't see me as his mama anymore.
sad.png
How are your pekins doing? did you get a drake for your girls? can't remember if you said.
old.gif

Quote:
I tell all my boys I'm head rooster around here....lol. No I haven't watched it yet, but I do plan too.

I have been working on trying to convince my Duckling/Drake Opie that I am head drake around here, he is having a problem believing it. Makes me sad that he doesn't see me as his mama anymore.
sad.png
How are your pekins doing? did you get a drake for your girls? can't remember if you said.
old.gif

my Pekins are doing great. Unfortunately my drakes outnumber the girl. But they are my wifes pets...well and mine too, so no duck for the freezer
lol.png
. The girls stopped layig a few weeks ago
sad.png
. Oh well, I think most ducks do this time of year. The Pekins are a laugh a minute. They are always doing something funny! I especially love the tribal Pekin mating dance
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
sad.png
old.gif

my Pekins are doing great. Unfortunately my drakes outnumber the girl. But they are my wifes pets...well and mine too, so no duck for the freezer
lol.png
sad.png
. Oh well, I think most ducks do this time of year. The Pekins are a laugh a minute. They are always doing something funny! I especially love the tribal Pekin mating dance
yippiechickie.gif

O them boys, No pekins for supper? you'll be sorry those boys will wear them girls down to a frazzle. But i know what you mean, I couldn't eat Ernie or Opie although Opie has been under consideration. lol

Quote:
lol.png
sad.png
yippiechickie.gif

O them boys, No pekins for supper? you'll be sorry those boys will wear them girls down to a frazzle. But i know what you mean, I couldn't eat Ernie or Opie although Opie has been under consideration. lol

surprisingly the boys aren't as bad as I would have thought to the girls. If need be, I'll do something. Some of the boys seem to prefer drakes, so that might help
lol.png

Quote:

surprisingly the boys aren't as bad as I would have thought to the girls. If need be, I'll do something. Some of the boys seem to prefer drakes, so that might help
lol.png

lau.gif
thats the ones low on the totem pole, I don't have that problem but with drakes it doesn't matter if the girl just got out of the pool with one drake if the next one can catch her she is fair game. I'll never have more than 1 drake in the future, actually may never have another drake again if I can help it. and NO I'm not a femenist[sp] just think there'd be more peace without them.

15th thats amazing. LOL
big mama is doing great with her chicks. Now my mission is to get the other mama to go broody. Quite though... don't tell hubby.
tongue2.gif

Back
Top Bottom