Old fuddy dud..

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I must be one because I hate all the guns and fireworks going off.. I live in the country but I think every person w/ a tem mile radius is doing:oops: fireworks and blowing a fortune on shells... My dogs are going crazy, my chickens problalby won"t lay for a month and my dh needs to sleep.. I want everybody to go to kissing their loved ones and stop all the loud noises... I can't wait for our move to the farm...
hide.gif

I'm in Hawaii and I guess they are banning fire works as of January 2nd. Since TEN AM!!!!! This morning, people have been shooting them off. TEN O'CLOCK IN THE FLIPPING MORNING!!!!! I hope my house doesn't fire from all the idiots, hopefully we're staying in tonight, but it's still undecided.
hmm.png

Three or four started before dark, others seem to have joined in around 8 and now it truely sounds like a war zone and I am in the middle!!! Twice my windows have rattled!!

Pretty illegal to shoot off fireworks or guns here in the city, however, that's not stopping people from doing whatever they are doing up and down the streets.......I can't really see them, but I know they are there. Every dog in the neighborhood is announcing their presence
tongue.png

I'm out in the country, and have seen fireworks tonight that would rival some of the shows I've paid to see over the years. The guns started around 3 PM. Yes, they're illegal, though are sold just over the state line in Florida.

I'm too old to get upset about much of anything. A bunch of gunpowder off in the distance sure isn't going to do it.

We just sold our house in Spartanburg which had neighbors who had a firework show every 4th of July and Jan 1st that made Disney World look wimpy. I hated it. The horses spooked, the cows freaked-once we had a stampede which was quiet impressive since the number of cattle outnumbered the number of people who lived in this one-stop-light town. One year they almost set all the pastures on fire. Idiots. I don't know how they got around the noise ordinance but those people were annoying. I was glad they moved away.

Thanks, guys! Now I am actually grateful that it's -2 and windy! Been quiet here all night...

It was in the 50's last night so people were out. I hear the people in the home I call *the frat house* yelling everytime they hear and see fireworks. I liked the warm day,but could have done without the noise last night

Well, I made it thru the fireworks and night..It all calmed down about 1am.. The dogs are still barking and running the fence line but did calm down after 2.. Dh finally got to sleep and the chickens were a little cautious this morning...

Quote:
Ah, yes, Hawaii LOVES it's fireworks, huh? The smoke just hangs there, too, thanks to the moisture. Hopefully you'll get some good winds today to clear it up. I loved living in HI, but, man, the fireworks drove my allergies/sinuses batty, not to mention trying to sleep because you actually had to work the next day.

Back
Top Bottom