older hen

Ilene

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 18, 2013
I have an 8 year old hen (the last of my flock) and her appetite has decreased substantially. I give her all the treats she used to love (yogurt, canned cat food, fruit, dried meal worms, scrambled eggs) in addition to her regular food that she always has available. I dont' see her regular food being eaten and after 1 or 2 bites of the treats she walks away. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe she is lonely being the last one left. But she also may be feeling poorly or having symptoms of an illness. Has she laid eggs in years? Eight years is fairly old for a chicken. Does she seem to perk up when you are around her?

Maybe she is lonely being the last one left. But she also may be feeling poorly or having symptoms of an illness. Has she laid eggs in years? Eight years is fairly old for a chicken. Does she seem to perk up when you are around her?

We let her spend a lot of time with us, which she seems to prefer. She actually was laying eggs earlier this summer. She seems perky and otherwise fine. Just not eating much. Should I take her to the v

Is she the only chicken you have? Is she pooping and drinking water normally? Is she walking normally etc?

Back
Top Bottom