Olive Egger Frizzle??

JennyLynnLuv

Songster
Aug 17, 2023
So today at the farmers market there was a gentlemen with a variety of lovely ladies for sale. I made a successful trade of my BR Roo who was the victim of poultry on poultry violence even my hens were bullying him! So I was quick to trade him for what I was informed was an Olive Egger Frizzle. First "frizzle" I've had the opportunity to add to my growing flock. I wasn't informed of her age but was told she IS laying green eggs which we will see tomorrow! However, the only feathers I'm seeing that seem to frizzle or curl are around her hind quarters. Thoughts? Was I informed correctly of her breed? Sorry if the pictures are poor quality she's in the crate for the next week or two.

Attachments

• 20230819_183054.jpg
    20230819_183054.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230819_183110.jpg
    20230819_183110.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 12
She's not frizzled but has regular smooth feathers. Possibly an olive egger, but I would be suspicious of that, too. She may just be a black sex link hen.
It's her tail that has me suspicious? I've never seen a hen with tail feathers like hers. The feathers aren't really rounded and don't come together like my others. They more or less poof in whatever direction. If she's not a frizzle do you know what would cause that?

It's her tail that has me suspicious? I've never seen a hen with tail feathers like hers. The feathers aren't really rounded and don't come together like my others. They more or less poof in whatever direction. If she's not a frizzle do you know what would cause that?
I think she's molting or had her tail feathers plucked out. If that's the case her tail feathers will grow back in so long as feather plucking isn't a problem in your flock. Another possibility is that she's rumpless, but as that is an uncommon trait, I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom