OLIVE EGGER WHAT COLOR IS THIS?

Crazyhenlady

Songster
7 Years
Feb 8, 2012
Everett, Wa
Hi, I'm new to olive layers, is this a F1 or F2? What's most desired when it comes to OE colors in general.,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    559.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 28
This is my opinion only... WHAT'S THE MOST DESIRED???
I would say whatever is most appealing to your eyes. :thumbsup
I had 3 EE in the past. Each one laid a different color egg. Olive,,,, Light blue,,, Pinkish.. (source for the chicks was Feed Store, Hatchery supplied.) All the eggs tasted the same. I liked the difference since it was easy to know which was laying, and which not. The shade of eggs also did vary depending on what the chickens ate.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Ok, thanks guys, I'm still waiting on two others to start laying. I'm happy with the color considering most say don't buy hatchery, I'm starting to agree you just never know, I've seen breeders with eggs that look almost plain brown, this is a fun breed, I love " not knowing " until the egg is laid:)

I think the first egg is even more exciting when you don't know what color it will be! I have to say that is a beautiful olive color, and I love the speckles!!! Do you have a picture of your bird that laid that egg? I would love to see her.

Ok, thanks guys, I'm still waiting on two others to start laying. I'm happy with the color considering most say don't buy hatchery, I'm starting to agree you just never know, I've seen breeders with eggs that look almost plain brown, this is a fun breed, I love " not knowing " until the egg is laid:)

IDK if one can say F1 or F2 from the eggs color, it would depend on what the parents were. If one started with a FBCM or BCM hen, you may get eggs that color from the first blending (F1)
I luv my EEs. My oldest rooster is a rainbow egger, every pullet from him lays a different color egg.
EEs can be a lot of fun.

And they can become an addiction, Just do the chicken math, and it will all be good!

Back
Top Bottom