OMG found a fox about to kill my chickens! Need help fox proofing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm in the uk too, I really feel for you about the fox, we had three chickens 3 years ago where the fox just took they're heads, hated them ever since! We don't own an air rifle (all you can have over here really) we've just developed a kind of chickeny Fort Knox, run with roof, also buried as far down as poss, coup sat on concrete and all chickens locked away at night.

Haha! Us two, our chicken fort now include electric fence! :) I hate foxes now :/

Quote: Amen on the common sense..... if outlawing firearms or placing tighter restrictions on them was the answer, would we then outlaw cars, knives or baseball bats? They kill people too and the bad guys would still get them..... Hey here's an idea, lets outlaw Heroine, meth, cocaine and other illicit drugs.... that should keep them off the streets and out of our schools too!..... right? There are several towns in the US where its against local ordinance NOT to own a gun... with little to no gun related crime in those towns. Coincidence?....I think not.

We are talking about chickens everyone not America and laws!! It's called BYC for a reason

I hope that your chickens go well :cd
1f60a.png

This country doesn't need more laws...what it really needs is more people with common sense. Outlawing something, anything does not work (remember prohibition? or how about all the laws that are currently on the books against murder but it still happens).

As for why someone in the city to own a firearm, I'll give you one.. My husband & I used to own a small retail store in a busy tourist town. We worked 95-100 hours every week, 7 days a week, just to keep the doors open and food on our table. If you think we would just stand by and let anyone that wanted to take our hard-earned daily receipts from us, you're very wrong. Why would we? You can't count on law enforcement to be there when you need them so if we had trouble with some drunken/high lowlife thinking they could help themselves to what we had worked for, just the threat of a loaded firearm could be very dissuasive.

We now have a small farm in a very rural area. I had to call the sherrif's office once but because they were taking care of something on the other side of the county, it took them over 2 hours to get to our place. Fortunately, the situation I was dealing with was relatively minor and I handled it by myself. But, if I feel my husband or I am threatened or my animals are in danger of being hurt/killed, I will take matters in my own hands and do what the situation is called for and if that means firing on someone or something, I am trained, prepared and ready to do so.

And if you think you didn't mean to get something going, you sure picked a controversial subject to bring up.
There are other means of self defense! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Amen on the common sense..... if outlawing firearms or placing tighter restrictions on them was the answer, would we then outlaw cars, knives or baseball bats? They kill people too and the bad guys would still get them..... Hey here's an idea, lets outlaw Heroine, meth, cocaine and other illicit drugs.... that should keep them off the streets and out of our schools too!..... right? There are several towns in the US where its against local ordinance NOT to own a gun... with little to no gun related crime in those towns. Coincidence?....I think not.
Well just like congress I hear no plan, doing nothing isn't working either! WWW.DEMANDAPLAN.COM! I demand a plan and so do many more of us and so should you! You drive a car you have to have a license and insurance! Baseball bats can be taken away from the idiot swing them, you can only hit one person at a time same with a knife. My common sense tells me that their are to many guns out there and to easily obtained! When a known felon who lost their right to own or possess a fire arm can walk into a gun show and walk back out with a fully loaded fire arm ready to commit another crime, then there is something that needs to be done with the gun laws to stop this nonsense once and for all! Open your eyes people and stop listening to the NRA and fox news! Just to prove how gullible people are go find out who profited the most from the last time the NRA put a stop to new gun laws? Everyone went gun nuts and started buying up guns and ammo for fear they weren't going to be able to own one! How much money did the gun manufacturers make in 2013? Open your eyes people! Oh and FYI I know the known felon who did purchase a fire arm at a gun show!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom