OMG We were at Walmart and

Purple Peeps!!! OMG!

Now coat them with purple coconut shavings = purple silkie peeps...try roasting that over an open campfire!!
pop.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG! The BEST roasted marshmellows are Roasted PEEPS!!! I usually build a bigger than necessary fire, about 3-4 feet round and a few feet high, and use a 2 foot skewer to hold them near the fire! The crunchy outside is soo good with the melty inside! Ditto on the wax eyes though! Ouch.

Can't wait to tell DH I'm not the only one!
He can't believe I buy a ton to stock up, and then keep using them even when months old. But peeps don't go bad, and stale ones are just as tasty when roasted.

medhen, how do you get the coconut to adhere to the peeps prior to roasting? Because it sounds delicious! Toasted purple coconut peeps...

I was kidding, but the more I think about it, it really sounds good!!! LOL
Something about roasted purple silkie peeps,
hmmmmmm....think I'll go play in the kitchen for a little while...

Quote:
I'm thinking roll them in whipped egg whites, then dredge them in coconut flakes. Allow to set and then roast away!

Poll: do you skewer your peeps through the side or up the splort chute?

I stick them in the chest so I can see their bums get nice and toasted. The beaks burn easily.

Stale chewy peeps are great too! One sad thing I like to do is open the package and set in the freezer for a week or so. Take them out and they are chewy!

Back
Top Bottom