One Hen Not Laying

wild tyrkey4

Hatching
7 Years
May 6, 2012
I have 2 hens and 2 toms...Rio Grande's....1 hen has laid 3 eggs over the past 6 days and the other hen doesn't seem to be laying at all....I do not know how old the hens are...does anyone know why the one hen appears not to be laying?

She could be getting used to a new place or running low on calcium. Try giving the hens access to oyster shells or a layer feed.

I'm so confused
hu.gif
I was told not to give my turkeys access to oyster shell. They are eating both a layer feed and a game bird pellet. Although my hen is laying eggs and they seem great.

I am no expert but when my hens stopped laying shortly after starting I gave them access to oyster shell and it was gobbled up and laying resumed. My birds are on purina (uh the green bag I forgot the name). Who told you not to give them access to oyster shells?

I am no expert but when my hens stopped laying shortly after starting I gave them access to oyster shell and it was gobbled up and laying resumed. My birds are on purina (uh the green bag I forgot the name). Who told you not to give them access to oyster shells?

I read it somewhere on line and then a gal at the feed store said the same thing. I have been concerned because I keep my turkeys and chickens together. I didn't want the chickens to go without if they need it, but also don't want to harm my turkey.
What type of turkeys do you have?

Back
Top Bottom