One of my hens just Cockadoodledoed ?

motorboy

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
River Falls, WI
One of my hens just Cockadoodledoed ?

I ordered a bunch of meat birds that are now in the freezer and 3 hens, mcmurray also threw in a “free exotic bird” The hens are numbered as follows (I think)
1. BUFF LACED POLISH
2. LIGHT BRAHMAS
3. Free Exotic?
4. ARAUCANAS (I think this hen crowed? And it is starting to look roosterish! Did they make a mistake or have I in identifying them)

The last 2 pics are #3 and 4 respectively

13806_chickens_1-4.jpg

13806_number_3_close-up.jpg

13806_chicken_number_3_as_a_baby-_dark_one.jpg

13806_chicken_number_4_as_a_baby.jpg

Last edited:
Don't ya just love McMurry, NOT!
My supposed maran that looks more like a barred rock than a Maran but has flesh colored legs, is supposed to be a she but in the last 2 days comb has gotten very red and today managed a full cockle-doodle-do.
barnie.gif

I'm going through the same thing. My group from McMurray seems to 1 by 1 be turning out to be a roo. Thank goodness I paid extra to have them sexed, ugh. I hope when its all said and done I have at least a dozen that are hens. Hopefully in a few weeks I will know for sure.

WHAT? My Polish is a Roo! This is disappointing news. How can you tell? There is no comb, is it because it is so skinny. I didn’t think Araucanas were so dark, that is what threw me off there. Not a pure bred though, Hugh. I just looked at some pictures and do you think my #4 could be a Silver Leghorn? Here is a link: http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/silver_leghorns.html

If
anyone wants to trade pullets for my roos near River Falls, WI let me know.

Thanks for everyone’s help!

Back
Top Bottom