One of my two ducklings is so anxious all the time???

morganrgoff

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2017
I have two 3 ish week old pekin ducks. One is very confident and dives under the water during bath time and enjoys my company the other is terrified of me and just floats when I put them in the tub for a swim? I handled them both just as much and got them together. Could she just be an anxious girl? When I hold them both he breathes normal and she breathes as if she's shivering from fear.

Last edited:
Yes, that is normal.....I had a Duckling from my last hatch that was a scared baby too.....By the time it went to its new home at 4 weeks it was more confident..:)....Keep doing what your doing...It will relax with time....:)

Enjoy them Ducks!

Cheers!

Just like people ducks have different personalities. They are animals of prey so this is pretty common. Try feeding the ducklings out of your hand and talking to them quietly when you do anything with them if you don't already. It may help her get more used to you, but in the end it may stay the same as some ducks never fully warm up to people. I'm sure if the other duck is comfortable, you haven't done anything wrong.

Back
Top Bottom