One of my Welsummer finally Laid

drdoct

Songster
Feb 7, 2022
Griffin, GA
On February 25th, we got 2 Welsummers, 2 Red Stars, 2 Black Stars to add to the flock. The 2 black stars laid first, then the 2 reds. Yesterday we got the welsummer egg.

Nothing else to add... just excited when a girl finally starts laying. Here's yesterday's eggs from the existing flock and the new girls. Yes one of the Easter eggs is broken, the chickens ended up getting that one.

Attachments

• New egg.jpg
    New egg.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 17
Congrats on the egg!
I got some chicks on Feb. 24th! They came from Ideal Poultry. I had 2 Welsummer pullets in the order, one ended up being a cockerel. Anyways, my Welsummer laid her first egg yesterday! It looks like your Welsummers egg!

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    371.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    902.5 KB · Views: 10
On February 25th, we got 2 Welsummers, 2 Red Stars, 2 Black Stars to add to the flock. The 2 black stars laid first, then the 2 reds. Yesterday we got the welsummer egg.

Nothing else to add... just excited when a girl finally starts laying. Here's yesterday's eggs from the existing flock and the new girls. Yes one of the Easter eggs is broken, the chickens ended up getting that one.
Congrats! On March 5th we added a Welsummer (never had one before) Cream Legbar, and a Calico Princess (1st time). The Cal. laid right before 18 weeks, the Legbar right after 18 weeks. Still waiting for the Welsummer. She is a big girl almost as big as last year's Blk Australorp. I love the colors on her.

Back
Top Bottom