One of my Wyandottes. Hen or Cockrell?

Leatherworker

Songster
Feb 22, 2023
This is Zee. I'm thinking Zee is a cockrell, but I really don't know. She/He is differnt looking in feathering then my other two and they have the rose combs and this one does not. The tail feathers are higher. So I would like you other chicken lovers out there to give me your opinions. Thank you all! :)

Attachments

• 20230608_153438.jpg
    20230608_153438.jpg
    991.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230608_152833.jpg
    20230608_152833.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 22
This is Zee. I'm thinking Zee is a cockrell, but I really don't know. She/He is differnt looking in feathering then my other two and they have the rose combs and this one does not. The tail feathers are higher. So I would like you other chicken lovers out there to give me your opinions. Thank you all! :)

looks like pullet but not wyandotte (single comb). might be a wyandotte cross.

How many weeks? Where did the bird come from?

The comb can be different because sometimes they throw a straight comb, even though it really should be rose. There is a lot of iridescence in there that makes me think there could possibly be Australorp mixed in there, so while the feathers are different, and I can see why you think the longer tail feathers look cockerel ish, the saddles are not coming in pointy yet... I think a few more weeks will definitely be more conclusive, but right now she looks like a pullet.
Thank you, I love the coloring, they do seem to have the same iridescence that my Rhode Island Blues have. They are 15 weeks today.

One of my wyandottes from TSC not only has a single comb but it flops over. I think it's cute.

How many weeks? Where did the bird come from?

The comb can be different because sometimes they throw a straight comb, even though it really should be rose. There is a lot of iridescence in there that makes me think there could possibly be Australorp mixed in there, so while the feathers are different, and I can see why you think the longer tail feathers look cockerel ish, the saddles are not coming in pointy yet... I think a few more weeks will definitely be more conclusive, but right now she looks like a pullet.

Thank you. I have 11 looks like I may not have a cockerel then at all. I was hoping for just one.
Got 4 from Tractor supply sold as Wyandotte. But one of them has hardly any coloring at all. But she is the sweetest! Love them all.

Back
Top Bottom