One of these chicks is not like the others...haha

FlewTheCoop

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Hi! I got an order from Ideal today with a bunch of packing peanuts. They all look like they're probably RRs or some other red variety, except ONE...

He's a much darker orange than the others (some of which are barely rusty with paler yellowish heads, and some of which barely have any red to them, but enough to know they're not a solid white breed...I think). His little wing feathers are coming in paler than his body, buff or possibly even white. All of the others have tan/medium brown wing feathers coming in, some with little black specks, some without.

Here's some shots of him. He's about three days old.

100_3398.jpg

100_3395.jpg

100_3400.jpg

100_3399.jpg

He's also got a fat little head, more rounded and puffier than any of the other packing peanuts. I might also add that he's the single feistiest chick in the box, and that includes the 10 day olds we have. He eats like a horse and will push ANYONE out of the way to get to those crumbles.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Haha! Ya I have one those. He is just the odd one out. He is gonna be bigger when he's older than the others. Nothing to worry about.
smile.png
wink.png
lol.png
lol.png
tongue.png
tongue.png
cool.png
cool.png

Yeah, but he's the only one with white wing feathers, and he's such a dark red...it's weird. It's gonna drive me nuts.

Back
Top Bottom