One thin shelled egg in the lot

krimsonkitty

Chirping
Sep 22, 2021
I have 5 active layers but one Ameracauna always lays a paper thin shelled egg. It also has calcium bumps on it sometimes. I’m feeding everyone oyster shell mix and the rest have perfectly normal shells. What can be done for her?

Might want to try some calcium citrate tablets to see if you can get the eggshells to improve, as she might not be eating enough oyster shell to meet her body's needs, but if you still don't see improvement after several weeks then the issue is likely with her shelling gland.

I have 5 active layers but one Ameracauna always lays a paper thin shelled egg. It also has calcium bumps on it sometimes. I’m feeding everyone oyster shell mix and the rest have perfectly normal shells. What can be done for her?
I know how you feel I have 1 hen in 95 that lays green xlg eggs with rubber or thin and everyone else lays great but I do like the sound of cal/d3 tablets good luck

I am having the same problem all my other hens are laying great shells I need help I’ve increased calcium by oyster shells and feed them egg shells

Back
Top Bottom