Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread

Pics

My partridge Brahma pullet she was being lazy.

Some of my "dabbling" in colors -

My white project. White pullet

Same one, different view.

Cockerel. Doesn't have a pea comb! Doesn't look much like a Brahma, even though he is. Pretty much kills that project for now.

Some of my blue splash girls - Pink legs?? One on the left doesn't have a pea comb.

Almost solid blue, still with pink legs.

Front view of above pullet.

A blue hen.

I love this hen - partridge in color with black head.

hi all, I created this thread and i'm thrilled to see it being used as I hoped it would to focus on project brahmas and brahma projects...lol sometimes in the brahma thread there seems to be an attitude of snobbery that only buff, light and darks are the only real brahmas. In truth at the moment those colors are the color patterns recognized by the standards. But that doesn't for a second mean that there is no validity to the other color patterns being developed. Every breed that is now in the standard had to go thru a period of development. I truly applaud everyone in this thread for sharing hints, advice etc. to help one another, and I love that its happening with the respect and fairness that hopefully will keep this thread being a useful tool for brahma breed improvement. I have not posted in a long while as I am caught up in the development of my new homestead. I hope to be building the new house in the spring.Its been challenging starting out with rocks and trees, and now we have a road, deep well with plenty of water, a nice sized pond, site cleared and moving forward. I can't wait to get back to dedicating more time to my own Brahma projects. Good luck to everyone as they continue working on their projects, keep reporting in, I love all the pics and conversation that they generate.

Back
Top Bottom