Ongoing Brahma Projects Thread

Pics
Quote:
Visine.

yuckyuck.gif

Hello, beautiful day here in TN. Hard to believe they are calling for snow in two days. Thought I would get a few photos of my Silver and Gold Laced Brahmas to share.
I am half afraid to ask.... but... do any of my chickens have vulture hocks? I am only planning on hatching for myself and maybe a few friends but I would still like to know.
The are gentle giants... and my daughters favorite to hold!
My Silver Laced Brahma just started laying eggs at almost 30 weeks.
90094_img_1545-copy.jpg

90094_img_1670-copy.jpg

90094_img_1558-copy.jpg

90094_img_5393-copy.jpg

These birds do not appear to have vulture hocks. The silver male has some undeveloped lacing genes. He is incompletely laced. But they do have decent type.

Thanks for the info. I thought the male might not have good lacing, but wasn't sure. I am having a hard time finding good photos or examples of them. Can someone tell me if they will breed pure colors if I mix the Gold Laced Brahma Roo with my Silver Laced Pullet? Or will I get undesirable color?

Quote:

Last edited:
Contrastphoto I like your gold laced hen, the lighter gold in her breast is eye catching.

Wimberleytexaschick what are your plans for the lavender laced pullet? Will she be bred back to silver laced or will you work on lavender laced gold?

Back
Top Bottom