Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Thanks, my dear. I did one with a lot of ruler work and I found that I have a need for speed so these last couple of quilts have had super simple loopy quilting on them. I am just tired of a lot of stuff right now, I suppose. I'm even letting my chicken numbers die down, literally, as they age out, and will start over with a flock more like we had in the beginning, easier to handle, no breeding groups, etc. Life needs to get simplified for me now.

I got a new machine at goodwill for 14 bucks that takes snap on feet and is low shank! Snagged it 2 months ago but I havent been able to work much on it because it doesnt have a cover plate for the bobbin. I ordered a foot kit and the cover plate but the cover plate has still yet to arrive. I'm finally going to get a chance to try free motion quilting so I made practice squares today. The video I watched recommended basting spray which I never tried before. I decided to baste 2 the old fashioned way and 2 with the spray. I'm hooked now. It was so quick, the squares are nice and flat and it was easy to trim. I dont know if I can go back to the old way now...

I use basting spray to secure a quilt in order to pin it so it doesn't move. I don't generally rely on just the spray unless it's a really small quilt, but yeah, it's really helpful!
I'll have to see just how reliable it is. These are just 12x12 pieces of fabric with polyfil batting inbetween. I still dont have any word on my bobbin plate so they're going to sit basted that way until it comes in. If the baste falls apart I'll know for sure but it's not on something I care about. I always worry about trying new things like this. I was just astonished at how quick it was. I wonder if it would work on fleece backing as well. That I think will be my next test of its ability

Hi Quilters! Just wondering if anyone has a cricut that they use for cutting fabric?
Not me. I just use a rotary cutter.

Been working on tote bags. Going to have a giveaway on my channel and let the winner choose one, sell the rest.
DSC06622.JPG
DSC06649.JPG
DSC06712.JPG

Back
Top Bottom