Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Doing this half log cabin quilt, also called the chevron log cabin block. I just found out that my nephew's new baby, due in May, is another girl so this will be her baby quilt.

I like this setting for it, but what color for the setting triangles, do you think? I will most likely do a border after that, but that is easier to choose since it will be separated from the actual blocks.

I have this fabric that is used in a few places in the body of the quilt (see it on the right side of the blocks) maybe would have enough to do the setting triangles, not sure. If you have other suggestions, would love to hear them.

Last edited:
I was planning on the duck one. Even got out one of my scrap bags and picked a bunch of pieces.
Then I was looking for something else, and ran across this completed front that my mother had made before she died, so now I’m thinking i might just finish it for my bed. And do a smaller version of the duck quilt as a wall hanging.
3E796286-E561-42E3-8AE9-5F37A3D751C5.jpeg

Not exactly a quilt, but a "project" for sure. I have a very old chair that was my grandmas that is kind of a hideous green and a bit stained thats been in my sewing room for years. I am too nostalgic to actually recover it, but decided to make a custom fitted slipcover for it out of quilted fabric. Initially I was going to make the slipcover from orphan blocks I had saved but that box got damaged so I just decided to make a zillion HST and made some panels that I quilted (in straight lines) then sewed together into a cover. It took ages as I worked on it here and there. I decided to finish it after Christmas, I did the last bit tonight!

one.jpg three.jpg two.jpg

Back
Top Bottom