Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

I have the best hubby ever. :love
He is heading to Portland (an 8 hour drive) and before he left, the sewing machine shop called to say my Juki was ready to be picked up on the other side of the mountain about an hour away. We are also under a storm warning (It just started snowing). So he right away went and got my machine and brought it home before heading out. What a catch, huh?

I ordered a SewSlip, which is the same as the Supreme Slider, but less expensive, I think it was $21. And I finished the quilting on the sunny Carpenter's Star quilt. I pushed all day to get the hand quilting in the center done. Now, for a machine clean out and to run a million bobbins for this next quilt, which is technically a full size.
Here is the back of the quilt. Not one tuck, yippee!
DSC01287.JPG
DSC01291.JPG

Pillow cover, with actual working invisible zipper, complete. I'll let the customer buy her own pillow form. But, I learned a new skill. Old dogs can learn new tricks. And, just think, most all those little triangles would have ended up in the trash if I hadn't saved them to make this.
DSC01421.JPG
DSC01422.JPG

Except for binding, she's done and larger than anything I've done on a machine thus far (or by hand, for that matter). I know I have to get the drop-in table to offset the frustration I had with hang-ups on the edges of the extension table that goes with the machine.
I put it on and took pics but forgot to tuck under the pillows, so it can be either way, but the big center star is centered better if it is tucked a little bit.

DSC02113.JPG
DSC02114.JPG
DSC02118.JPG
DSC02119.JPG
DSC02121.JPG

Trying to get this quilted, though every afternoon we have thunderstorms and I have to unplug my machine. We've had two power outages within a week's time, fried a computer (that was on a UPS unit, just like my machine is), etc. I also found that there is not one machine guy within 2 hours of my house to service my machine. The guy who did it at the Janome dealer in Murphy, NC retired and no one replaced him. So, I have to be careful with it.

DSC05083.JPG
DSC05079.JPG

Back
Top Bottom