Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Working on the same quilt. Sheesh, ruler work is yet another skill I have yet to master. I'll get better as I go, but I get off course, adding to the character, LOL. I felt this needed some geometric design on it, not just an all-over motif, so I made a huge job for myself.
DSC02678.JPG
DSC02679.JPG

Cyn, are you following Angela Walters' challenges? I am watching the current one, but will wait til she is finished before starting it. I did the first challenge all in a day, which worked out well for me. I took the finished quilt with me on vacation, too. :)

Cyn, are you following Angela Walters' challenges? I am watching the current one, but will wait til she is finished before starting it. I did the first challenge all in a day, which worked out well for me. I took the finished quilt with me on vacation, too. :)
I look at the videos, but don't work along with them, no.

I see the benefits of both types. Definitely going to be looking at walmart and amazon online.
I like the crinkles of cotton and hubby likes the poof of poly.
I found a neat little video of a pieced star table topper. I will give that a go today for sure.

Going to have to remind myself to OPEN then cut. Angles would be all wonky if I don't.

Bamboo is a wonderfully warm batting!

Someone is already asking me about buying this latest quilt. She said her daughter asked for one from the state fair and she bought it for her, but she feels the quilting is not nearly as nice as mine. She already owns two or three quilted pieces from me, including what I called the 3D Blooper quilt. There are a couple of minor tucks on this one, but considering the massive bulk I'm hauling through the machine, I think it's not too bad, really. It's nice to be appreciated. We truly are our own worst critics, aren't we?

Someone is already asking me about buying this latest quilt. She said her daughter asked for one from the state fair and she bought it for her, but she feels the quilting is not nearly as nice as mine. She already owns two or three quilted pieces from me, including what I called the 3D Blooper quilt. There are a couple of minor tucks on this one, but considering the massive bulk I'm hauling through the machine, I think it's not too bad, really. It's nice to be appreciated. We truly are our own worst critics, aren't we?

Well it IS a beautiful quilt. I can see why she wants it.

Back
Top Bottom