Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
I have all except one loopy run around the last border (not the dark brown, will leave that alone) and I'm done with the machine quilting on this. It is ending up about 60x78. The lumpiness in the middle is actually my stupid mattress, which is not old, but it's a "you can flip it" mattress. The problem is that you have to flip it constantly or it gets those body impressions. My husband says it's new so it's good. NOT. it was the one they bought us after the house fire a few years ago. Sigh.
Anyway, I do need to do more hand quilting in the center block and I will and it will lay down better.
DSC01285.JPG
DSC01284.JPG

Oh, who here has a Supreme Slider? Terrie, do you? If so, would you recommend that I get one? They seem expensive for what they are, but seems many quilters on YouTube that work on a home machine have them.

For those who don't know what it is. They come in different sizes and Leah sells it for about $35, some are higher.

supreme_slider_free_motion_quilting_2048x2048.jpg

Oh, who here has a Supreme Slider? Terrie, do you? If so, would you recommend that I get one? They seem expensive for what they are, but seems many quilters on YouTube that work on a home machine have them.

For those who don't know what it is. They come in different sizes and Leah sells it for about $35, some are higher.
no, I don't have one and never heard of it, but might be a good investment if you are going to be quilting on your machine.

Found this substitute on Amazon, just would have to cut a hole for the needle where I need it. Much cheaper than the actual name brand one. Worth a try, maybe? Could be okay, could be awful. They are really for a flat table, but there is a guy on YouTube who teaches free motion named Rob (Man Sewing) who lays one over his machine and it's not sunk into a table.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798TQP7M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1MW0EZ61MKRES&psc=1

I may just buy the SewSlip brand, cheaper than Supreme Slider, but not a defective mat not really made for a machine, per se.

Check out this guy, pretty cool guy. He uses a machine by BabyLock that is like my Brother, just of course, more expensive:

Last edited:
I ordered a SewSlip, which is the same as the Supreme Slider, but less expensive, I think it was $21. And I finished the quilting on the sunny Carpenter's Star quilt. I pushed all day to get the hand quilting in the center done. Now, for a machine clean out and to run a million bobbins for this next quilt, which is technically a full size.
Here is the back of the quilt. Not one tuck, yippee!
DSC01287.JPG
DSC01291.JPG

I am with you on the tula pinks. But. I keep seein them and they are growin on me... so much that i have been lookin at patterns for a friend of mine and thinkin oh gah this would be super cute in tula fabrics. Hahahahah. I.am.doomed! I think they would look ahmazing in a one hit wonder block quilt for some reason.

I was just out on her web site. Love the colors and many of the patterns in the fabrics. I can definitely see me using some of them in the future.

Sew Slip looks like a platform that gives you much more room to support the quilt. I would think it would make quilting easier and less tiring on the hands and back.

Actually, it's not really a platform, per se, just a slippery pad that goes on the platform and lets the quilt glide over it slickly. That should help with my control. If the quilt doesn't move freely, due to the bulk or whatever, this should just let it flow without any hang-up. I hope! I just cleaned my machine and ran 11 bobbins in prep for the spring quilt I'm about to put in it. Maybe I'll wait for the SewSlip! They just sent me the ship notification on it.

Rhonda is ready to rock, cleaned and oiled, with the sunny yellow thread in her. I also ordered some more topstitch needles. I really like those much better with the larger eyes on them. Easier to thread, maybe less friction on the thread as it runs through.
Rockin' Rhonda! Yep, so far, she's been a great machine. But at times, an 11-18" throat space seems pretty tempting over her 9". But I started trying to free motion with a 5.5" harp space so Rhonda is a humongous improvement for this type of quilting. The other machine was fine for piecing and fancy stitches, though I'm not much of a fancy stitch person.

Back
Top Bottom