Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
Nice, Terrie. I've been busy. I bound the twin Carpenter's Star quilt so it's ready to sell and I'm about to attempt making a zippered pillow cover with that 18" block I made from leftovers from the Sunny Stars quilt. I also pieced an extra long twin Blue Yonder quilt on commission-the lady who bought the little boy's wubbie wanted it in a twin and it was her son, her 6'2" son who wanted it, so I made it a tad longer than the usual.

I've never put in a zipper of any kind. I don't do garment sewing. But, it seems fairly easy per YouTube videos. I got two zippers at a thrift store for 25 cents each, invisible zippers and I found I have a zipper foot made for that purpose in my attachments that came with my Brother 1500.
DSC01409.JPG
DSC01416.JPG

I love sewing. I would like to get more into making clothes for myself. I used to do that all through high school and enjoyed it. Of course back then it was way cheaper to make your own clothes than to buy them.

OUCH!

Did you need stitches?
:eek:

Owie! Those sting!

Yup, though not as much as I thought it would sting. I got pressure on it right away. Used a few gauze pads, of course, and it still is not 100% stopped seeping. It was upward, not across, so cut a pretty good flap, and probably could have used a couple of stitches, but I'm just going to keep the bandage on and keep it clean.

I did it! I did it! I used a regular zipper foot for the first time, broke one needle when it wasn't adjusted right. Considering how this day started, I'm lucky that broken point didn't put my eye out. :rolleyes:

Not a perfect job, but lookie! My mother would never believe it.
DSC01418.JPG
DSC01419.JPG
DSC01420.JPG

Pillow cover, with actual working invisible zipper, complete. I'll let the customer buy her own pillow form. But, I learned a new skill. Old dogs can learn new tricks. And, just think, most all those little triangles would have ended up in the trash if I hadn't saved them to make this.
DSC01421.JPG
DSC01422.JPG

Nice, Terrie. I've been busy. I bound the twin Carpenter's Star quilt so it's ready to sell and I'm about to attempt making a zippered pillow cover with that 18" block I made from leftovers from the Sunny Stars quilt. I also pieced an extra long twin Blue Yonder quilt on commission-the lady who bought the little boy's wubbie wanted it in a twin and it was her son, her 6'2" son who wanted it, so I made it a tad longer than the usual.

I've never put in a zipper of any kind. I don't do garment sewing. But, it seems fairly easy per YouTube videos. I got two zippers at a thrift store for 25 cents each, invisible zippers and I found I have a zipper foot made for that purpose in my attachments that came with my Brother 1500.
View attachment 1332624 View attachment 1332625

You are too dang busy!! Can't get much quilting done with a full time job, overtime this part of the year and all the other stuff keeping up with life demands when its just you.

I love sewing. I would like to get more into making clothes for myself. I used to do that all through high school and enjoyed it. Of course back then it was way cheaper to make your own clothes than to buy them.

Duck Lady, still cheaper at stores like Ross etc. I used to make clothes, not worth it now. Only make quilts.

Back
Top Bottom