Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
You can refold your fabric so it is straight. The wonkiness comes from fabric not folded straight selvage to selvage. If you line up the selvage and you have a wonkiness at the fold, slide the selvage back and forth until you have it perfectly flat. Then you can square it off and start cutting.
What she said. Was just coming in to type that very thing.

Thank you both! Looks like I’ll just need to practice, practice, practice!

Well, Amazon, through Fabrics.com, saved the day! I found 108" wide fabric by Henry Glass in a pale yellow print for just $9.95 with NO shipping, PLUS when you order 3 yards minimum, you also get 5% off the order! So, I ordered 5 yards of it which will cover at least two of my quilts! JoAnn, take THAT! :tongue Plus I placed another Thousands of Bolts order because they have a lot of fabrics for just $3.89/yard, which is more than a buck off their usual wonderful prices for most of their fabrics!

This print, and only in this color. Other colors in the same print were about $12/yd, still not bad for a good manufacturer.

51kVdFz%2BJOL.jpg

I love fabric.com! They have an amazing selection. :)

I have the best hubby ever. :love
He is heading to Portland (an 8 hour drive) and before he left, the sewing machine shop called to say my Juki was ready to be picked up on the other side of the mountain about an hour away. We are also under a storm warning (It just started snowing). So he right away went and got my machine and brought it home before heading out. What a catch, huh?

I have the best hubby ever. :love
He is heading to Portland (an 8 hour drive) and before he left, the sewing machine shop called to say my Juki was ready to be picked up on the other side of the mountain about an hour away. We are also under a storm warning (It just started snowing). So he right away went and got my machine and brought it home before heading out. What a catch, huh?

Aw, Bob is a real peach of a guy! Now, you can sew right through the storm!

Yes! I have also heard of people using old sheets or a single layer of flannel as batting, to make a nice lightweight summer quilt. I have never personally tried it (it’s quite cold where I live,) but I can’t see why it wouldn’t work.
Sheets are often really difficult to quilt. I don't even like them on my longarm due to lots of tension issues.

I just took my MIL's quilt off Lillian. I backed the quilt in flannel for softness and warmth for her old bones as well as slide resistance in case she uses it on her bed. Low loft poly batting for lightness and ease in washing. Normally I use Warm and natural exclusively, but it does get heavy when laundered. At 99, my MIL is pretty frail. Now to trim and bind and I can go on to other stuff.
She will love it!!! Agreed, love warm and natural but it is much heavier than a light poly. Or even and 80/20.

Soon, after I get the quilt tops finished that are lined up to quilt, and I do one maybe one more project, it will be time to get the garden ready for planting. These fabrics I pulled to do a project. I think the deepest gold top left is too dark or bright or something, but the others will make a gorgeous quilt. Not sure which quilt, exactly, though.
DSC01217.JPG

If I do this block in a very large size as the center of a medallion quilt, I think it would look nice with these colors.
faf5f695b089e252543c79e5d0dc926a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom