Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
I am SO done with Joann online! It's probably because they're just too big. But, I took a chance, again, and ordered 2 yards of one quilt back, 3 yards of another quilt back, all half price, plus one yard of something that was also half price (their prices are way higher than I would ever normally pay--half price brings it down to what it should be, IMO) last Thursday. They also had $3 shipping for it all, which is one reason I pulled the trigger.

Monday I got an email that my 2 yards of quilt back was no longer available. Okay, irritating, but at least the 3 yards for my Buttercup quilt was still coming....until this morning, when I got yet another email that said my 3 yards of quilt back was also unavailable. That left one measly yard of fabric for $3.99 plus $3 shipping, so not worth it! And they won't let you cancel it even if it's not shipped yet.

I called them the second their business opened. Told the woman this was the worst experience I'd ever had with Joann online, from the very beginning when their system would not take the only credit card I ever use there, and the person who manually put in my order put in the wrong email so that I never got an order confirmation to be able to track it, then, the site said that the order did not exist when I used the number, then they cancel most of my order piecemeal-one glitch after another with their site and now, they were going to sent me one measly yard of fabric for $3 shipping. If I could cancel it, I would. I can get stuff at Walmart with much less hassle. I can order from Thousands of Bolts for more shipping but always high quality cottons for excellent prices, not the quilt shop prices that Joann charges for many of their fabrics.

So, they are supposedly taking off the shipping, sending me that one yard without charging shipping and said they can send me the quilt backs I ordered at the same cost I tried to buy them for with zero shipping when they are back in stock. I'll believe it when I see it, but if so, that is a satisfactory solution. Still, I am done with Joann online. You can never count on anything you order being available, never!

If I had not called to complain, they would have sent me that one yard with shipping. No way they'd have called me and given that to me without me ranting about the entire experience.

Glad you were able to force them to honor at least part of the deal...now to see if they follow through. Wonder how often they pull this crap on folks and get away with it with it because some folks are too timid to fight back.

Yeah, we'll see. I got a ship notification on the one yard. I can't really check it on my account to be sure they did not charge me for shipping because they did not link my order to my account, another blunder. I imagine I'll find out eventually. I pulled out most of my lavender/purples and spring greens for another quilt, but didn't feel like starting one today. I still need to finish piecing the first Carpenter's Wheel/Star for a twin size.

I finished my Tennessee Waltz top last night.
I was so careful with seams and point matching, and while not perfect, I am pleased with the end result

tennwaltz.jpg

I finished my Tennessee Waltz top last night.
I was so careful with seams and point matching, and while not perfect, I am pleased with the end result

View attachment 1258226

Beautiful! Woman, you are really cranking them out now! Bet it feels good to be back in the game.

My quilt today. I need a chocolate brown narrow border (picking it up from the print) to finish it off and that's it. Twin Size.
DSC01103.JPG

Beautiful! Woman, you are really cranking them out now! Bet it feels good to be back in the game.

My quilt today. I need a chocolate brown narrow border (picking it up from the print) to finish it off and that's it. Twin Size.View attachment 1258228
Beautiful! The border really helps pull it all together, the brown narrow trim will be a great finishing touch.

I have read some of this thread. You all are amazing quilters!

I am going to be starting my very first quilt ever soon. I have a few things to get out of the way first.

Any tips for a first timer?

This is one of the quilts I want to make.

Well, thanks, though it didn't come out exactly the way I thought it would. Do you think you'll do another TN Waltz?
I think it's great, Cyn! I am sure I will make another TN one day and I just cut out fabric for a quilt that uses the triangle in a square blocks that are in the TN Waltz to practice points. I am participating in Eleanor Burns Block Party 2018, which is like an online class/block of the month thing. We will be doing a sampler over the next several months and I want to be able to master those points! It starts next Tuesday so I have time to get a quilt pieced over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom