Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
Personally, I think I would prefer a binding of the darker teals in strips. I think it will set off the quilt wonderfully - like the gold frame around the Mona Lisa. Also, I am not much of a girly girl - my favorite color is blue... - so adding more rose, you may be over girly-ing it, if you know what I mean.

Reading through this thread this morning is like reading good book, lol! I was hoping that you ended up with a pattern fabric for the triangles. That little bit of texture that the paisley pattern fabric adds is wonderful.

It would be wonderful to have an artsy hubby to help with color choices and add opinions. You are lucky, if I ask DH for an opinion, I usually get a boring quilt at the end.

@wyoDreamer it would be fun to see a picture of some of your quilts. Everyone has their own style, I like seeing the differences.

Personally, I think I would prefer a binding of the darker teals in strips. I think it will set off the quilt wonderfully - like the gold frame around the Mona Lisa. Also, I am not much of a girly girl - my favorite color is blue... - so adding more rose, you may be over girly-ing it, if you know what I mean.

Reading through this thread this morning is like reading good book, lol! I was hoping that you ended up with a pattern fabric for the triangles. That little bit of texture that the paisley pattern fabric adds is wonderful.

It would be wonderful to have an artsy hubby to help with color choices and add opinions. You are lucky, if I ask DH for an opinion, I usually get a boring quilt at the end.
Well, mine is usually a "vanilla" sort of guy, but on occasion, he has some excellent points and sees issues that I miss.

I think I like the teal, alternating fabric binding strips idea, too. But I have put it aside for a bit to complete this little "wubbie" quilt for a 5 year old whose mother has had some hard times. I decided to take off a width and a length row and use those blocks in another quilt. So, this is what it will be, plus a border. This type quilt is a real scrap-eater, too! About time I used up some of those that have been lounging around in my tubs for years.

I did replace the 3rd row, next to the last block with a spring green rather than the teal green since there was only one of that tone in the quilt-I had two, but when I removed the other rows, it left one that, to me, stood out too much.

Recent fabric acquisitions, mostly just because I liked them. The blue flowered one, I didn't even see those pale stripes in the online photo, a hazard of buying online, but it's still pretty. These are mostly fat quarters and short cuts (full fabric width but a short piece like 11 or 13") with a few one yard pieces.
On the left are some historic prints, which I really love. I want to do a less "girly" quilt soon.

Last edited:
Oh wow! I love those, Cynthia
thumbsup.gif
I wish you were closer, so I can give you some of my fabric that I have lying around… I have some here that I'm not sure what to do with. You are so creative with your scraps and strips of fabric.

Those historic prints are going to be beautiful in a quilt!

Oh wow! I love those, Cynthia
thumbsup.gif
I wish you were closer, so I can give you some of my fabric that I have lying around… I have some here that I'm not sure what to do with. You are so creative with your scraps and strips of fabric.
We could sure do some swapping!

Those historic prints are going to be beautiful in a quilt!
I know, aren't they neat? I find I am really drawn to them.

Cyn, to me those historic prints look "homey", like the perfect comfort on a cold day. Beautiful without being ostentatious.

Quote: That would be fun! If I ever make it across this puddle I will see about going to your part of the country for a visit and some quilt and chicken chat
smile.png
Since I can't talk you into visiting me! lol

Actually I just remembered something… Your son is coming this way, isn't he?

Last edited:
Cyn, to me those historic prints look "homey", like the perfect comfort on a cold day. Beautiful without being ostentatious.
"homey" is the right word!

That would be fun! If I ever make it across this puddle I will see about going to your part of the country for a visit and some quilt and chicken chat
smile.png
Since I can't talk you into visiting me! lol

Actually I just remembered something… Your son is coming this way, isn't he?
Yes, Chris will be starting the master's program at Trinity in September. Not sure what he'll do after that, but I think he'll love Ireland and may just decide to stay.

Back
Top Bottom