Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
Well I'm late to the party, but have had an exhausting read through your thread! lol I was rooting for the pink paisley, the hearts and rabbits were a perfect combo, the dark blue was a great match for the manly log cabin, and the 3D was too cool. I know you said you don't like straight line quilting, but if you did a "straight line" w/ one of the fancy wider stitches over the seams would that disguise the miss matching?

Oh and I forgot, you did a horrible thing for a woman and a wife, you let your husband be right!!!! lol lol lol

Last edited:
Well I'm late to the party, but have had an exhausting read through your thread! lol I was rooting for the pink paisley, the hearts and rabbits were a perfect combo, the dark blue was a great match for the manly log cabin, and the 3D was too cool. I know you said you don't like straight line quilting, but if you did a "straight line" w/ one of the fancy wider stitches over the seams would that disguise the miss matching?

Oh and I forgot, you did a horrible thing for a woman and a wife, you let your husband be right!!!! lol lol lol

Hahaha! Well, sorta, but I don't actually have orphan blocks enough to even make a quilt so he may be right, but we'll have to wait a few years to find out, LOL! Too funny.

Thank you for checking out the thread, Kassaundra! You are such an expert quilter, you put me to shame, so anything you have to say, I listen. The 3D quilt is so bad, I think I ought to remake some of the blocks, but I'm in a pickle because I used up all the fabrics, I think. I'm not sure any quilting would disguise that mess! I don't have any fancy stitches on my machine, just a straight stitch. It's a good thought, though.

Here's one other idea besides remaking if your machine has a zig zag stitch you could couch stitch some yarn over the seams, greys or blacks that look good between the two colors. That way it fills in the space w/o a heavy zig zag stitch.

Here's one other idea besides remaking if your machine has a zig zag stitch you could couch stitch some yarn over the seams, greys or blacks that look good between the two colors. That way it fills in the space w/o a heavy zig zag stitch.

Nope, not even a zig zag. I have the Brother PQ1500s, only does one high-speed stitch. I'm going to leave it for awhile, do some other stuff and take a fresh look at it. It would be a shame to not finish it after all the work and buying the fabric. Thanks for the suggestions, Kass, appreciate it.

I would think that made it even better! Inexpensive and an awesome match for the front colors...Win/win!
When you can get great quality fabric for almost giveaway prices, why not? There's not special virtue in paying $12/yd for something that you can get for $2-5/yd. The only downside to Walmart is they don't have much turnover and things sit for months and months before you see much new stock.

Back
Top Bottom