Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have Salmon Faverolle pullets, that turkey if you still want it, black Aussies, two runner ducks, and I am open to offers on many of the other breeds. What are you interested in?

I have some young Sussex , not sure on sex yet. I don't know how to sex young turkeys. When would you be coming by? It will be great to see you again :)

Went to the doctor today and got a shot for this rash, and an rx so maybe I can get rid of it. Two weeks is too long. Hope to work on the pig house tomorrow . The piggies are growing, and come over as soon as they see me now. We had a tree split in a wind storm so it is leaning on two other trees. Always something.

It rained on and off all day, so I only sold two chickens at TSC:p I traded my ducks for turkeys, dh did not say anything about that. Never did get the pig house done, but I put a tarp up over their run. Man, I am tired from hauling chickens. Hope I can sell some next weekend. Saw an owl near the barn, hope it eats lots of mice.

Now you are showing off talking about rain.Today it rained south of here but not at my place.I went down south with my white pigeons to do a wedding in a pretty church on top of a hill built in 1901,it's a huge old catholic church with gold leaf painting inside.I made enought money to pay for pigeon feed for a while.

I have been telling myself that i got to cut back on chickens,BUT my old poultry judge is cutting back so i came back with 28 young rir large fowl and banties.The good old blood lines that are so dark red that they are almost black.I already had 2 trios of his rir now i got a bunch,also a pair of creal old english.

Coach, you are just as addicted as I am! I bought two silkie pullets yesterday, and would have bought two BO pullets if I had sold more. Need to go clean some chicken poo. DH cutI down two trees yesterday, and now he is out patrolling for predators.i have two people coming to buy chicks today, so that is good.

@Coach What line are your RIRs from?

@ Hot2Pot How are your Ricky Bates line RIR doing I brought you?
I have been telling myself that i got to cut back on chickens,BUT my old poultry judge is cutting back so i came back with 28 young rir large fowl and banties.The good old blood lines that are so dark red that they are almost black.I already had 2 trios of his rir now i got a bunch,also a pair of creal old english.

I am coming down from Niagara Falls on the 26th. So I will be DH to swing your way on the way back to AR. Well I thought my sister only lost Tom Turkey but her dog killed Mary too. So I will have to ask her if she wants to try turkeys again. I would love to check out the sessex. You know I love all your lovely chickens!!!!!!!! I am not saying everyone else chickens are not lovely too, but yours were absolutely amazing.
love.gif
We truely had a wonderful time visiting you and seeing all your animals.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, the Buff orps are laying.
celebrate.gif
Going to try and hatch some out for myself. I really love them. I bought some pure Tolbunt eggs and I am super thrilled to but some German line New Hamps from HAR. I will have the laptop in the truck, so I will see if there is anything intersting in NY for sell while I am there. I will hollar at ya and see if you want some too. Take care, Pauletta

I have some young Sussex , not sure on sex yet. I don't know how to sex young turkeys. When would you be coming by? It will be great to see you again :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom