Only 1 chicken is laying out of the 3! What does this mean?

Lewbylew99

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 3, 2012
Hey guys! ,
Only 1 off my chickens are laying out of the 3!
What do people think is wrong with the other 2?

Lewbylew99

Can't help you. I just posted a similar question. But I bet it would help the experts to know age, breed, etc.

One or more of my girls will stop laying for a short time, I think that is normal. Can you give more information? How long has this been going on? How old are your chicken? Have they been under any stress recently (dog attacks, construction on their coop, etc.)?

It's being going on since we brought them... My chickens are like 1 years old! And nothing like construction or anything!

Well at eighteen months they molt and stop laying while they regrow their feathers. Its also fall and shorter days so they normally lay less.

Are the two that aren't laying hens? (if the two haven't layed before) are they squatting, is the comb bright red, are they checking out the nesting box, etc. More details please
By the way i have one laying hen and two pullets too!

One of the not laying ones keep going to check out the nesting box and lies down but doesn't lay...

Checking the nests out is a good indicator that she is getting ready to lay. Even so I've had them check out the resources two weeks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom