Only lost one pint of blood building this....Crazy Newbie Chicken Lady

Lady Klucks

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2017
Kissimmee, FL

Hello everyone....I must be having a mid life crisis.... decided to get hens and we built this in one day..... of course my husband helped.... actually I think he did most of the work...any advice from experienced chicken Mom's and Dad's would be very helpful.....We live in Central Florida. Looking forward to getting the girls once we are convinced we have done everything we can to keep them healthy, safe and happy.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. You have some very happy girls. :)

welcome-byc.gif

Looks to me like you (and your husband
smile.png
) did a good job! As a former Floridian, I know you'll do fine with such an open design. Be sure to stop in on the Florida state thread, lots of friendly members there. To find it, just do a search for Florida State Thread and it should pop up.

Thanks for joining us and best of luck to you!

G’Day from down under Lady Klucks
frow.gif
Welcome!

One day and only one pint of blood .. job well done!
clap.gif

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - looks like a mighty fine coop / run to me! Well done hubby (oops, sorry, I meant you
tongue.png
)

Best wishes
CT

Thank you everyone....it was fun but exhausting building this beast..... Now I will decide on what breeds to get......any suggestions? We get extremely hot days here so I definitely want heat hardy hens, maybe Australorps? I am so nervous about predators I have printed out a calendar with twilight/sunrise/sunset times....my amazing husband has agreed to be on lookout duty....My fifteen year old son is a night owl so he gets to be the night watchman...I am definitely having a mid life crisis.

Thank you everyone....it was fun but exhausting building this beast..... Now I will decide on what breeds to get......any suggestions? We get extremely hot days here so I definitely  want heat hardy hens, maybe Australorps? I am so nervous about predators I have printed out a calendar with twilight/sunrise/sunset times....my amazing husband has agreed to be on lookout duty....My fifteen year old son is a night owl so he gets to be the night watchman...I am definitely having a mid life crisis. 
possibly asking on your state thread will be a good place to start. A lot depends on whether you want your flock for egg production, meat, a combo and many other variables. The breeds section is also useful.

Back
Top Bottom