Open front coop done, chicken yard in progress

Pics
20180422_102624-1.jpg
20180407_182354.jpg

Nova and her egg. Appears as slightly pink tinged cream outside and very pale pink inside when broken raw.

20180715_090246_Burst01-1.jpg
20180715_111409.jpg

Some updated snaps outside and inside the coop.

Outside there's the bedding straw. It has helped cut down on dust in the coop a lot!

Back to pine bedding inside for now, you can see the added chicken door under the ramp on the right. I used timothy hay in one corner because once in a while I find an egg there. Water is always available but food is there for a broody. Need to find my old chick feeders.

View attachment 1469232 View attachment 1469233

Some updated snaps outside and inside the coop.

Outside there's the bedding straw. It has helped cut down on dust in the coop a lot!

Back to pine bedding inside for now, you can see the added chicken door under the ramp on the right. I used timothy hay in one corner because once in a while I find an egg there. Water is always available but food is there for a broody. Need to find my old chick feeders.
if using a bedding out side, I usually spread around some alfalfa hay in winter for my free range flock & they love to eat it for the green they need.

:goodpost:
Thanks Dianna. I tried that, they didn't touch it :rolleyes: brats
golly gee well live and learn, mine just love the fresh alfalfa hay...? they sell for feed , so golly you never know whats gonna work to keep our chicky babies happy, but one thing I get the large bales of fresh hay with all the leaves of alfalfa in it , the hens only eat the leaves ,and leave the straw but not the kind in plastic wrap they sell inside the feed stores , that kind didn't have any of the fresh leaves in it , its just the straw & not worth buying for chicken food.:thumbsup take care dear your doing great..!!!:highfive::jumpy:jumpy

I live in Arizona and you're my chicken coop inspiration! Breaking ground soon.

Well thank you :) I'm happy to know you like it! I spend very little time having to clean. Except with the broody in there. The dish in one of my pics disappeared a few days ago and she unearthed it again today :gig

Are you in the Phoenix metro area?

Back
Top Bottom