Opinions on this as a nest box

Chicken Cake

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2015
I know the price is crazy but it fits my space and we won’t have to makeshift anything to keep chickens off the top. I have 4 hens but only one is laying so far. Two huge Brahmas and two average sized. I’d like to have one large community box for them and I’d like to be able to pull it out for thorough cleaning occasionally.

Dimensions are 19” at the widest point, 20” tall without the plant and a 9X9” opening.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MPR2GI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

The size, shape, and construction of your nesting boxes should be influenced by whether you intend to hen hatch baby chicks. If you do then a movable nesting box that has sufficient air flow potential that can rest on the floor and that has both a solid bottom and a top that overlaps the sides by about two inches on at least 3 if not on all 4 sides is the way to go. Hens IMHO also tend to lay more readily in such a nest box because it is more private and mimics but doesn't try to fool Mother Nature.

I don't see why they wouldn't like it. But then They are just as likely to lay in a corner in your coop!
Put some fake eggs in it when you put it in the coop and they will be more likely to set in it

Back
Top Bottom