OppsDecor Incubator

I can't afford a brinsea either, I'm not sure I'd want one though. The yellow bator you like does have decent reviews, especially if it's kept in its styrofoam. It's worth a shot.

After you said there were identical ones I got looking and saw you were right and while some of them also have decent reviews, some of them are pretty terrible... like 3 stars. So probably not going to do that now.

Will you be doing a lot of hatches?

Not a ton of hatches. I got burnt out on it years ago, lol. Probably 3-6 hatches a year.

We have two older versions of the "yellow" incubators, a Janoel 48 and what we call the yellow clone which is very much like the one you're looking at. I think both are a step up from the styrofoam incubators. The Janoel has opaque sides and holds uniform temperature much better than the very thin clear sided clone. Others have reported keeping the styrofoam packaging and using it to insulate outside the incubator helps, but stops you seeing the action. We currently use ours only as hatchers and for chick icu (not incubation).

The Harris Nuture Right 360 has a generally good reputation, there will always be bad experiences. @CluckNDoodle has an extensive thread at https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...60-incubator-is-amazing.1294466/post-21048356 with lots of good info. If I was looking for small affordable incubators it would be high on my list.

Back
Top Bottom