What incubator to choose?

Yes, this was so helpful! Thank you so much. Are non-automatic ones cheaper?

I haven’t been doing that method of turning, though i will now, i’ve been turning it for the past week on the same side (on the counter) will they still be alright?
thats a hard question to answer, i have put eggs in the incubator after not turning at all when they’ve been on the counter (wasn’t planning on incubating them) and some did just fine. After leaving them for a week or so it’s possible some wouldn’t develop regardless on how you’ve been turning them. So it really depends

Id go for the cottage one looks the msot durable out of them all the first looks more like a egg steamer then bator

I have a (probably) silly question about using the Kebonnixs incubator. I ordered the 12 egg version, then found a set of instruction online for it. Figured I’d familiarize myself with it before it and the eggs I ordered arrived. The Kebonnixs instructions said that it needed to be kept in a room with a temp around 72 degrees. Our house feels hot at 68 degrees so we never keep it any warmer- truthfully I think we’d all bake if we did. It’s a pretty small place so no areas are really warmer than any others and there aren’t any empty rooms where I can add a heater to supplement. I wondered if keeping it on the top of the fridge would help since warm air rises and the fridge gives off residual heat. Does anyone have any ideas about whether this would work? Is the room temperature where it’s kept a big issue?

I have a (probably) silly question about using the Kebonnixs incubator. I ordered the 12 egg version, then found a set of instruction online for it. Figured I’d familiarize myself with it before it and the eggs I ordered arrived. The Kebonnixs instructions said that it needed to be kept in a room with a temp around 72 degrees. Our house feels hot at 68 degrees so we never keep it any warmer- truthfully I think we’d all bake if we did. It’s a pretty small place so no areas are really warmer than any others and there aren’t any empty rooms where I can add a heater to supplement. I wondered if keeping it on the top of the fridge would help since warm air rises and the fridge gives off residual heat. Does anyone have any ideas about whether this would work? Is the room temperature where it’s kept a big issue?
Ours has kept temp very well, even through my wife opening the windows when it's cool outside, which isn't too much in Florida. When it was cooler, I wrapped it in a beach towel to help keep the heat in but still have airflow to the vent. I don't think it's necessary but it's one way to insulate the incubator. Happy hatching! We have another set on day 3 today. Lol This is addictive.

Ours has kept temp very well, even through my wife opening the windows when it's cool outside, which isn't too much in Florida. When it was cooler, I wrapped it in a beach towel to help keep the heat in but still have airflow to the vent. I don't think it's necessary but it's one way to insulate the incubator. Happy hatching! We have another set on day 3 today. Lol This is addictive.
Thanks for replying! I’ve been ridiculously worried about it. Seems really silly, but I know the eggs will already have a strike against them since they’re being mailed. I am really hoping I can get at least half of them to hatch. I just got my incubator in the mail today. I think I’ll test out the temp in a few locations and see if I can find a spot that works best. The hatchery said that the eggs won’t likely be shipped until mid-March. Hopefully that’s enough time to get things set up for them perfect!

Thanks for replying! I’ve been ridiculously worried about it. Seems really silly, but I know the eggs will already have a strike against them since they’re being mailed. I am really hoping I can get at least half of them to hatch. I just got my incubator in the mail today. I think I’ll test out the temp in a few locations and see if I can find a spot that works best. The hatchery said that the eggs won’t likely be shipped until mid-March. Hopefully that’s enough time to get things set up for them perfect!
As long as it is not drafty where you place incubator at those temps you will be fine. Also, not good to place by windows not only is it cooler or can have drafts but you don't want sunlight hitting incubator causing temp changes. If you do notice incubator having a hard time holding temp, you can wrap a towel around bottom edges to help with temp swings.

Back
Top Bottom