What incubator to choose?

said that it needed to be kept in a room with a temp around 72 degrees. Our house feels hot at 68 degrees so we never keep it any warmer-
We have 3 incubators, different brands that say that in their instructions.

My bedroom is never over 65. Never.
Sometimes it's as low as 40. They do fine. I leave the jumbl in its Styrofoam, but the other 2 are essentially just Styrofoam coolers 😅

We have 3 incubators, different brands that say that in their instructions.

My bedroom is never over 65. Never.
Sometimes it's as low as 40. They do fine. I leave the jumbl in its Styrofoam, but the other 2 are essentially just Styrofoam coolers 😅
That’s such a relief to hear. It’s by no means cool in our house, but it’s definitely not 72 at any time. Maybe in the summer when the doors are open and the a/c is off. I’ll find a spot in our spare room and make sure it can keep the temp up. Hopefully all this worrying is for nothing!

As long as it is not drafty where you place incubator at those temps you will be fine. Also, not good to place by windows not only is it cooler or can have drafts but you don't want sunlight hitting incubator causing temp changes. If you do notice incubator having a hard time holding temp, you can wrap a towel around bottom edges to help with temp swings.
That’s a really good point. Our house has a lot of windows, but I can definitely find a spot that’s away from them. If I turn the unit on without any eggs and let it heat up, will the temp reading be accurate?

Thanks for replying! I’ve been ridiculously worried about it. Seems really silly, but I know the eggs will already have a strike against them since they’re being mailed. I am really hoping I can get at least half of them to hatch. I just got my incubator in the mail today. I think I’ll test out the temp in a few locations and see if I can find a spot that works best. The hatchery said that the eggs won’t likely be shipped until mid-March. Hopefully that’s enough time to get things set up for them perfect!
I highly recommend getting a quality temp and humidity sensor. I use the Grovee Bluetooth one and it has been great!

Yes! It's nice because you can chat the humidity and temperature for the entire hatch!
Screenshot_20230211_015704_Govee Home.jpg

Wow! That’s really cool :) I have one in my amazon cart, but wanted to doublecheck that it works fine. Some people have complained that its not accurate, but hopefully between the humidity registering on the actual incubator and the humidity showing on the Grovee I can make sure it’s correct.

Wow! That’s really cool :) I have one in my amazon cart, but wanted to doublecheck that it works fine. Some people have complained that its not accurate, but hopefully between the humidity registering on the actual incubator and the humidity showing on the Grovee I can make sure it’s correct.
Ours works great! I keep it simple and get great results with a dry incubation and only add water for lockdown.

Ours works great! I keep it simple and get great results with a dry incubation and only add water for lockdown.
I need to read up on exactly what dry incubation is. I get that you don’t add any moisture, but I thought that was a problem? This is all very new to me so I’ve still got some learning to do around all of the strategies that work.

Back
Top Bottom