Options for chicken harnesses

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hello all! Some of you may have seen my various threads staring Doodle and Smudge, my two meat birds I'm keeping as pets! They're Cornish X and doing great!
They're smart though, and love to find ways to break into the duck coop and gorge on 20% protein food. Its there favorite game. 😂 Just like they did last week lol!
Anyway, they love to find ways to break their diet and get fat. I'm interested in harness training them, so I can take them on walks to help keep them slim.
I do have a Yesito harness, but I hate the way it fits. It wrinkles in some areas, and the neck piece is thick and gets tight over there crops. I tried it on Doodle, and she hated it. Sat in the grass for 20 minuets trying to get it off. I then took a light weight leash, tied a few knots to turn it into a training harness, and se didn't mind at all. The only problem with that is-
A) I had about a foot leftover leash hanging from the harness. So I couldn't leave it on her to get used to, I had to follow her around with it. And B) I couldn't figure out how to re-make it once I took it off! 😂
So, harness designs you like? I'm perfectly capable, and more then happy to sew them a harness as well, but patterns/instructions are helpful as well. I'm happy for any input!

I tried a adjustable dog harness on my drake and it fit him well . You could also make a jacket out of thin fabric and attach a ring . I have a pattern but you may want to measure your birds for the size and proportions
5EE6BE83-D756-4AA1-8FFC-9B4E660D0603.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom