Oregon

I'm about two hours South of you in Grants Pass, and we have two vets at Allen Creek Vet Hospital that treat chickens, Dr. Jan & Dr. Heidi.  The people in the waiting room will think you're crazy but the Drs. wont.

Good to know thank you. I think I'm getting use to people thinking I'm crazy. My daughters boy friend told me I'm a little weird about my chickens. Hehehe
He was trying to be nice. :)

Quote: People thing I am the crazy chicken lady too! They just nod their heads and chuckle when I talk about chicken stuff. Welcome to the club!
gig.gif

I do think I had a breakthough with my family though, one of my mother's day card said that they think my chickens actually keep me sane in a house full of guys!
celebrate.gif
And they are right!

I LOVE my chickens! We had chickens when I was a kid, and we had some a few years ago, but I never appreciated them like I do now! They are so entertaining, and I really didn't know that chickens are so smart (in their own way)
smile.png

Quote: People thing I am the crazy chicken lady too! They just nod their heads and chuckle when I talk about chicken stuff. Welcome to the club!
gig.gif

I do think I had a breakthough with my family though, one of my mother's day card said that they think my chickens actually keep me sane in a house full of guys!
celebrate.gif
And they are right!
woot.gif

OK, so I know that not everyone is a "Family Guy" fan, but for those who are...I got to meet Seth Macfarlane this weekend in Los Angeles!!!! It was SO cool!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Hello all! I am between Lebanon and Stayton and pretty new to chickens. I went to the Spring Swap, I missed my Smooth Silkied Amer. connection but got to see a great bunch of chickens! I never realized how BIG a Jersey Giant really is before Spring Swap. And there was the cutest little Serama Roo, think he was frizzled, strutting his stuff. All the birds I saw seemed really good around all the people.
Oh, and there seemed to be some great chicken people there too!<grin>
Now I am trying to decide if I want to get a booth for the fall swap. I will have some banty mottled cochin roosters and who knows what else by then(though not probably much more in the way of chickens)! I could have some handspun yarns and knit goods...hmmm, to get a booth or not? I know the space is limited, guess I better make up my mind soon or it will be made up for me!

Hello Susan, I live in Roseburg also, and raise Nankin Bantams. I have been told by my duck lady that Bailey Veterinary Clinic. 248 NW Garden Valley Blvd, Roseburg Or, 97470

541-673-4403 www.baileyvet.com takes care of foul. Carol

Hi neighbor!
Bailey's is my regular vet I use for the rest of my zoo, but they said no on chickens. :( I guess that's better then telling me to bring them in and just take my money not knowing what their doing. I did check on the vet in Sutherlin and she sees chickens and is still close enough so I think I'll give her a try. I will have to google Nankin Bantams and see what they look like. I just love the little bantys.

Back
Top Bottom