Oregon

Hi, HEARDFLOCK. I'm just SE of Pendleton at the foot of Cabbage Hill. Not too far away.
wink.png
that is true and that is the closest that i have seen so far is this just not the poultry area of the state? it seems likeeveryone is from the central part of the state

Hello everyone ! I am posting this in case there is any interest :) I have some Bourbon Red Turkey poults available, 1-3 weeks old, 10.00 -12.00 each, straight run.
I will also have fresh broilers available this weekend- frozen on Monday ! organic and grass fed !

Thank you

Will it ever stop raining or should I just build nest boxes in my utility room?
I'm beginning to think the same thing. non stop rain all day long. My nest boxes for the Sermas are in the Living room. they are inside with their diapers on.

Out here near Swisshome by the coast, we're VERY used to rain, but I am champing at the bit to get out there and work on my chicken run, wire, posts, netting etc....I have temporary moveable play-runs built off the edge of the coop for my fifteen 8-week old pullets, but nothing I'd leave them in if I was not around. Out here in the deep woods there are plenty of furries and raptors who'd like a chicken dinner! Luckily, I'm, a stay at home homesteader - only have to leave the land a few times a month, and usually other people are here, as well as our Australian Cattle Dog whose sharp senses alert me to intruders big and small. I've just read so many heartbreaking predator stories that I want to be diligent about the permanent run. The grass is tall, the ground is soft and its just not the best weather for outdoor construction, even for this long-time Coast-Ranger (1966 and counting!)

Out here near Swisshome by the coast, we're VERY used to rain, but I am champing at the bit to get out there and work on my chicken run, wire, posts, netting etc....I have temporary moveable play-runs built off the edge of the coop for my fifteen 8-week old pullets, but nothing I'd leave them in if I was not around. Out here in the deep woods there are plenty of furries and raptors who'd like a chicken dinner! Luckily, I'm, a stay at home homesteader - only have to leave the land a few times a month, and usually other people are here, as well as our Australian Cattle Dog whose sharp senses alert me to intruders big and small. I've just read so many heartbreaking predator stories that I want to be diligent about the permanent run. The grass is tall, the ground is soft and its just not the best weather for outdoor construction, even for this long-time Coast-Ranger (1966 and counting!)
Yep, have patience, and do it right for sure!
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom