Oregon

Define "eye candy"? I'm just spit balling here but I do just want some pretty birds to lay eggs. I'm not looking to breed or show or raise for meat. Like I said I've been coveting the idea of chickens for YEARS! So I think I know what I want... you know how that goes. I've looked at so many birds I have the idea of what I want in my head. but I can only have 5. That's the deal I made with the husband. :(
Get one of each from 5 breeds then you get a good variety
Eye candy = Nice to look at... but that's about it.
x2. Mine are of the Silkie variety and a few rare breeds(SFH, CCL)

Post pics of them standing and clear close-ups of the combs. Should start to tell at this age. Mine were hatched mid Nov. I have one Blue cockerel, one Black(probably split) pullet and a Porcelain pullet
Here's some picts of my silkies. They look a little rough, but they live outside.

Runt

Chatty

Fatso

One more coming. Have to retake picts.

Splash

Hello Oregon! I'm new.. In Newberg.. and haven't gotten my birds yet. Any advice is welcome. Including where to get my first girls. I have tried to reach out to Farwest Hatchery but no reply yet. Any thoughts? I kind of want a mix of breeds and I'm worried about just wondering down to the wilco to see what they have when I'm ready.

I've been coveting chickens for ages and have finally worn my hubby down. Hooray!
Karen

Whooo!! I'm in Newberg, too. Welcome! I got my chicks from Wilco in September. I think they have some there now, but the choices are probably fairly limited. Coastal Farm Supply also has chicks, if you don't mind driving to Canby. :)

Back
Top Bottom