Oregon

State Hospital Job Fair
Oregon Health Authority is hosting a job fair on Thursday, August 15, 2013 from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m .at the Junction City High School Cafeteria at 1135 W. 6th Avenue.

The Oregon State Hospital's Junction City campus is scheduled to open in Spring 2015. The new 24-hour psychiatric facility will have 174 beds and more than 500 employees.

Positions included: Nursing (RNs, LPNs, CNAs), clinicians, food services, security, office support, custodians, grounds and maintenance, and more.

I didn't know if you already had something planned out for your RN., thought this was interesting.

As far as great places to live, of course I am partial to the McKenzie Valley, but really there are a ton of farming communities within the Willamette Valley. Really good folks.

The only problem I foresee is finding a place to rent out in the country that isn't $1500/month, lol.

Hi everyone. This is kind of off topic but I thought I would give it a try.

I currently live in Las Vegas NV and I am looking to move to Oregon. I have four hens that are laying and five chicks that are growing. I'm an RN and I am looking for opinions own where the best place to relocate to would be. I don't want to be any lower than Eugene but maybe not as far north as Portland. I would like some property for my girls, and I will probably have to rent for a while.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have got to get out of the dessert! And Vegas!
Thanks
Ricki
PM me your email i have some links been looking to relocate to a mini farm myself and have a few that are bank forclosures if your interested . Tammy

Boring, Oregon!!

Does the rest of Oregon know that we got a sister city recently? Dull, Scotland!!!!

Also, please let me know if you are looking for a rooster, my boys are growing up and need homes of their own. Australorp/SL Wyandotte. Beautiful, friendly, and curious. Super healthy and spoiled!

Boring, Oregon!!

Does the rest of Oregon know that we got a sister city recently? Dull, Scotland!!!!

Also, please let me know if you are looking for a rooster, my boys are growing up and need homes of their own. Australorp/SL Wyandotte. Beautiful, friendly, and curious. Super healthy and spoiled!

Yup, I knew that. And I'm not too far from ya, just on edge of OC and Carver. I have too many boys too, have one in the fridge right now ready to cook tomorrow.

When I'm finally up there and settled I will prob be looking for a boy for my flock. I don't know how I'm going to do it but I plan on bringing my girls with us. We are a household of all girls. My daughters are coming with me...surprise, surprise! So we can't leave the chicks behind. Doesn't seem right!
I currently work in the nursery/postpartum area of the hospital. Level 1 and 2. It hasn't been easy finding anything advertised so I think my next step is to start calling the hospitals and talking to the managers if I can.

We just started getting eggs from three of our older girls! I'm so excited!!

Thank you for all the info!
Ricki

When I'm finally up there and settled I will prob be looking for a boy for my flock. I don't know how I'm going to do it but I plan on bringing my girls with us. We are a household of all girls. My daughters are coming with me...surprise, surprise! So we can't leave the chicks behind. Doesn't seem right!
I currently work in the nursery/postpartum area of the hospital. Level 1 and 2. It hasn't been easy finding anything advertised so I think my next step is to start calling the hospitals and talking to the managers if I can.

Ricki
Hi rlh1,

Some of the places mentioned to relocate I would agree with especially Silverton and Dallas (Polk County) but also Corvallis or Newberg. Lots of rural areas throughout the Willamette Valley. Definitely bring your girlies! They will love Oregon! If you need a nice roo when you get here, pm me!!
smile.png

Ricki
What breed of cockerel/cock you looking for. I have lots of connections here in Oregon and in Washington.

Thank you BlueJayFarm! I will look into Kaiser. I'm not sure what kind of roo I would be looking for. I have a mish mash of girls.
1 black sex link
1 red sex link
2 EE
1 Ameraucana
2 marans
2 BLRW

SO, what kind of roo would be best? LOL
I will look into ALL of the places suggested!
Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom