Oregon

On a fun note, DD and I watched our first kids born this AM, Pardon all the storage stuff behind her face (and her eyes are not blue/weird camera trick) but two cute kids. Other one is a buckskin buckling. I LOVE spring. Setting eggs next month, ducks on order from Holderreads, and baby goats
wee.gif

The eyes appear blue due to the camera flash. I don't think I ever got new kid pics in the barn with out them having blue eyes.

Haha! Me too! What's funny, is that you can have one in Portland and I can't have one out here in Forest Grove. Go figure.
That's very strange.... considering Forest Grove is mostly farmland anyway, isn't it? I'm very lucky, actually, because we are in unencorporated Clackamas County, near Milwaukie, but our address is still Portland! :D so I'm allowed to hhave roosters! I have 2 right now, but I think the dh will make me get rid of one pretty soon here. He said "absolutely NO roosters" and I'm getting away with murder keeping 2! He "let" me keep my little D'Uccle because he's so small and not too loud.... but then I hatched his son, Gash, who was attacked by a cat and almost killed and I got attached. I know the dh is just biding his time before he tells me Gash has to go..... but he's being very good about it right now! And Gash is breeding like a typiical teenage boy.... so I hope to hatch some of his babies soon too!

That's very strange.... considering Forest Grove is mostly farmland anyway, isn't it?
I'm very lucky, actually, because we are in unencorporated Clackamas County, near Milwaukie, but our address is still Portland!
big_smile.png
so I'm allowed to hhave roosters! I have 2 right now, but I think the dh will make me get rid of one pretty soon here. He said "absolutely NO roosters" and I'm getting away with murder keeping 2! He "let" me keep my little D'Uccle because he's so small and not too loud.... but then I hatched his son, Gash, who was attacked by a cat and almost killed and I got attached. I know the dh is just biding his time before he tells me Gash has to go..... but he's being very good about it right now! And Gash is breeding like a typiical teenage boy.... so I hope to hatch some of his babies soon too!

A lot of Forest Grove is farmland, however, I live in town. I do have a big back yard, but I'm on a residential street. So, only four chickens, no roosters. I do have a neighbor that keeps a few more chickens than allowed (I'm not telling!) plus rabbits (super cute). But I'm pretty much a rule follower
wink.png
Have fun with your soon-to-be baby chicks
smile.png

frow.gif
for all of you in need of a goat fix, just had two more cuties born. I might get pics posted tomorrow. Darn, only one doe left to kid and that's next month. So far two does/two bucks and plans for all of them.
celebrate.gif

Where's them's ears ??? La Moncha??

Yep, them there is pure dee La Mancha with a tad boer/oberhasli, lol. The first kids I posted were purebred lamancha. I've been a "no ear" addict since I showed with my family back in the 70's and 80's. Had some of the Long Gone Acres stock back then. Now I'm hopin' kids do 4-H when they are old enough (that's my line for why we need goats at least).
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom