Oregon

Hi everyone!

With permission from the admin I am posting to let you know that there's a regional facebook group available for people with chicken hobby farms in the Pacific Northwest. The facebook group is not a replacement to BYC so please don't leave this forum. "Backyard Chickens PNW" (as it's simply called) is a way for Washington, Oregon and Idaho people to connect with each other about things that are local. Like the meetup group in Portland. Or the brands of chicken feed that are available here. Or to find a particular breed of chicken . . . that type of thing.

To find the group, search on facebook by entering "Backyard Chickens PNW" or click on the link below.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/362833163809793/

Please take a moment to consider if you know of others that may be interested in the group. If so please let them know the group exists.

May your nests be dry, your eggs be whole and your chickens be healthy!

Mary Jo
Vancouver, WA

Hi all. There was recently a discussion in the Serama thread about ID'ing chicks. Some suggested using sprial bands, like on key chains. I was thinking about using washable markers and putting little dots on the chicks head- Has anyone tried it? I'm interested in learning about what people do in our neck of the woods to ID chicks. I'm getting Bantam RIR chicks in January and would love to be able to tell them apart. Thanks.
jumpy.gif

Hi chicknlove,

we have friends in Corbett.

If you are still looking for fertilized eggs, I can ask her when/what she has available.

Are you looking for specific breeds?

We just hatched a batch of our Black and Blue Copper Marans ;-)
Nope, no specific breed :) I found some who delivered to Damascus and they are in the bator now.. We'll se how the hatch goes.. I'm saving for a better incubator in the mean time. I would love to know what they have for future reference ;) Thanks!

Nope, no specific breed :) I found some who delivered to Damascus and they are in the bator now.. We'll se how the hatch goes.. I'm saving for a better incubator in the mean time. I would love to know what they have for future reference ;) Thanks!
Well we're not far from you. We're in Beavercreek. We have Buff Faverolles LF (project), Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers. We're picking up a Bourbon Red Turkey trio this weekend and we should have Bresse and Crested Cream Legbars and Rhodebars in the spring!

Last edited:
Hi all. There was recently a discussion in the Serama thread about ID'ing chicks. Some suggested using sprial bands, like on key chains. I was thinking about using washable markers and putting little dots on the chicks head- Has anyone tried it? I'm interested in learning about what people do in our neck of the woods to ID chicks. I'm getting Bantam RIR chicks in January and would love to be able to tell them apart. Thanks.
jumpy.gif
Toe punch works well and is permanent.

Back
Top Bottom