Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Hi GalloConMadre,

By true meaning, Ganoi is short for "GaNoi Don", the term refers to the large Oriental (about 7-10 lbs) bred in Vietnam which mainly used in taped spur competition. In other hands, Asil refers to the Oriental bred in India, ranging from 4-8 lbs, highly popular in naked heel competition. You can either have a pure GaNoi or a pure Asil, the moment you cross them with the other .. we no longer have a "pure", by definition. Just want to clarify.

In viewing the pictures, I think you have Indian Asil in your yard, perhaps 5-6 lbs.

Have a great Easter holiday weekend !
Can u successfully cross this let's say an 8 pound oriental fowl with an american fowl without to many or perhaps no bone structure defects

Stick around long enough you can see a lot of things we think are wrong and correct ....... yesterday /today and /tomorrow .

Believe it or not when orientals were first imported into the USA they were referred to as Malay .... no matter if it was shamo , asil , etc it was called malays .
And then the word Jap caught on , at the pit ever oriental was called japs .
Most of these birds referred to as malays and Japs were brought home by military servicemen who had no idea what they were , except strange looking fighting birds .

But then some serious cockers saw the ability of these birds , started to import and visit these countries for more ..... and in doing so they learned names were not so important over there but region and type did mean something /

Americans did put names on them to the best of their understanding and interpretations .
And basically that's what we have today .......

but we still live in a changing world where old times and oldtimers kinda don't match up with today's lingo .
I respect today's thoughts, names and ideas but equally respect those who who still operate under old traditions (thoughts , names and ideas) .

If we study and look at this long enough we will see that the purest asil (or any other line) we see today was actually created in this very old fashion way (by granddads and great grandads) .

I could say more but i will stop here .
What do u think of the bone structure,for better or for worse, if u cross shamo with american game?

Brazilian chicks and parents

Attachments

• 20230421_143017.jpg
    20230421_143017.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230421_142818.jpg
    20230421_142818.jpg
    908.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230421_142731.jpg
    20230421_142731.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 22

Back